Remote gauge, see tank pressure while shouldered [Questions!]

Hello AGN!

I had an idea I’ve been wanting to do for a while. It started with getting a select fire Evanix that can’t be fired below 75 bar (on 200 fill) or it could literally break the gun to the point of needing to send it to a repair shop (and there’s only a handful of people who could even fix it at this point. I wanted to be able to see the tank pressure while firing so I’d avoid firing it below 75. For this I’m just gonna grab some hose and go to work.

However, I also want to do it with my Rattler…

CB564773-8A3F-4883-A24E-B9A715FE01AD.jpeg

The difference is the pressure gauge is on the side so to keep it a slim profile I’d need a right angle adapter, preferably one that could swivel in the event that when you twist it in, it’s facing the wrong direction. Ideally it would look like the photo (doesn’t need to be right angles everywhere) can just run it diagonally.
  • Anyone have a recommendation for a 90* angle adapter or could point me in the right direction?
  • My other question is, does anyone have a recommendation or thoughts on the best way to attach the pressure gauge via Picatinny?
As always, thank you for your wisdom AGN!

Back in my paintball days, I had a coiled 'remote line' that tethered the gun to the tank.. They're common now..
While some don't recommend them to be used w/ PCP guns, Quality Control is 'probably' the reason why..
You may just be able to get a few1/8" BSP fittings and attach them to a short length of hydraulic hose.
90 degree elbow at the OEM gauge location - to hose - to another fitting to attach the gauge to.
So basically: 1 fitting = 90* 1/8" BSP - for the air manifold
and then 1 fitting = regular/straight 1/8" BSP - female to hose.
On the 90, the threads screw in - in place of the OEM gauge..
Then connect to the line, run the line / zip-tie in place..
Other end has the fitting w/ the female threads - that your gauge will thread into.

=========

Also - you CAN drill/tap the actual valve-block on the other side..
People - even members here have done it to relocate the gauge. Then just block-off the old threaded hole..
Few different ways to go about this one - It just depends on how in-depth you want to go..
Mounting the gauge - a few methods popped into mind, but, a simple custom L-bracket would probably be safest.
Pass-through hole to push the gauge-threads through and the other side - mount w/ 3M tape [auto molding tape]

Sam -

Reactions: Bernie7