Reminiscing. That good ole Marauder 22

"plinker"
"T3PRanch"Plink,

That .22 is EXACTLY the same as the one I shot as a kid that my Dad shot also as a kid.

Now I shoot my Great Uncles Pump Winchester .22 that was given to him by my Great Grand Dad.

Thurmond
One of these days we are going to find out we are long lost cousins. I wondered why Thurmond was carved on the stock(joking)!
It is definitely a classic gun and full of memories. Neat to know others grew up with similar experiences!
Plink I would not doubt it. My Great Grandmother with a surname of Drake (direct family line to Sir Francis Drake) came west from Tennessee in the late 1800's when her father was killed in a Horse drawn Carriage accident.

Thurmond

"sharroff"The knife on the far right is the one I use to clean the squirrels my pellet gun gets in the back yard. The middle is for rabbits and larger game I get in the field with my pellet gun. If a zombie attacks and I can't get to my .30 cal pellet gun, I'll grab the knife on the left :)

Ok Sharroff, a few of my babies. Some of my favorite pocket knives for removing the tape on pellet tins. My Linder pig poke for dressing those head shot hogs. And my poop/fan combo as an apocalypse wildcat belt addition. 

"T3PRanch"
"plinker"
"T3PRanch"Plink,

That .22 is EXACTLY the same as the one I shot as a kid that my Dad shot also as a kid.

Now I shoot my Great Uncles Pump Winchester .22 that was given to him by my Great Grand Dad.

Thurmond
One of these days we are going to find out we are long lost cousins. I wondered why Thurmond was carved on the stock(joking)!
It is definitely a classic gun and full of memories. Neat to know others grew up with similar experiences!
Plink I would not doubt it. My Great Grandmother with a surname of Drake (direct family line to Sir Francis Drake) came west from Tennessee in the late 1800's when her father was killed in a Horse drawn Carriage accident.

Thurmond
T3p-o, my great grandfather and his brother served in the Jackson Artillery of Tennessee! We are getting closer. Checking the old family Bible. I've always wondered about this picture that simply says 'baby Thurmond'. 
😁

Well if that pictured tot had less hair on his head and a bit more on his upper lip and chin then there would be a great deal of resemblance. :p

My Granddad and Dad were also named Thurmond. My name in use for over 100 years now in this family. ;)

My grandmother had a very similar picture of me from around 1959 that I absolute hated for her to show around! :(

Thurmond

"T3PRanch"
My grandmother had a very similar picture of me from around 1959 that I absolute hated for her to show around! :(

Thurmond
😆 The things that grand moms think are cute. Haha. I'm beginning to understand them! Innocence is a beautiful thing. With your great sense of humor, I knew you'd take the kidding well. The great grandad in the Jackson A pic is the one I got the .22lr from. 

"plinker"Nice gun sharroff! I wish I was better about keepsakes. My dad gave me my first bb gun in India on the mission field. He had packed it for when I was old enough (6). My mom tells me at 4 I told them very seriously that I really needed a pocketknife. I remember it was a Barlow. When I ran out of bb's overseas, my dad found ball bearings in the marketplace that would fit. What a Dad! We left that bb gun for a friend over there and they promised me I'd get a new one in the states. I remember you could see the bb in flight it was so slow. It shot sideways, but I didn't miss because I knew exactly how to compensate for the poi. When I turned 14 my brother as the first male was given a 3 karat mens diamond ring that had been passed down for many generations. I was given my great grandfathers .22lr. My brothers diamond is long gone from a wedding setting and subsequent divorce(ouch), but I still have the .22lr. It changed my life. I still love guns and pocket knives.

Believe it or not, I have a very similar .22 that was MY grandpa's! He got it when he turned 12, which was in 1929. I still shoot it from time to time, and it is a tack-driver. It's a single shot, the stock is cut down a bit, and it has a peep sight.

The first airgun I shot was a used Daisy 880. They were all metal back then. It's sad to see how they're made now. Dad got it when my brother and I were 8 and 6, and it disappeared suddenly before we could even get into trouble with it. I suspect my pacifist stepmom of the day had something to do with that.

Later, my brother and I got airguns under my grandpa's watchful eye. I got a Pumpmaster with iron sights, he got a 66 Powermaster with the 4x scope. His was the superior gun, but my vision was (and is) better, so we did about the same. He popped a blackbird at the top of a tree probably 50 yards away, it was a once-in-a-lifetime shot. He shot it with a BB, which one could see corkscrewing through the scope. I told him to hold a couple feet high.10 pumps. There seemed to be at LEAST a one second pause between when he shot and when it arrived on target. We heard it hit: "CHK". The bird didn't move for a second, then swung under the branch and hit every branch as he fell to the ground.

I estimate that would be like killing a raccoon at 300 yards with a .25 PCP.

I never made a shot like that, but I sure took down a lot of sparrows with pointed pellets.

Thanks smaug. I don't know why that happened. I only use youtube to upload videos and post here, but the site has gotten a lot more attention lately. Almost 100 followers in a month and a lot more viewers outside of airgunnation. Funny thing is most of the activity is on what I would consider one of my poorest videos. I did a hasty edit job and threw it on in a hurry. Go figure! 12000 views!? 

"plinker"
Ok Sharroff, a few of my babies. Some of my favorite pocket knives for removing the tape on pellet tins. My Linder pig poke for dressing those head shot hogs. And my poop/fan combo as an apocalypse wildcat belt addition. 

Not sure showing pics of your knives are a good thing? Now I have a forester ordered to open my pellet tins. ;)

"Marksman3006"Good shooting plinker. Seeing your video makes me wish I still had my Benjamin pump rifle from when I was growing up. Back then iron sights was all I had but I was real good with that .177. I read your post and for the life of me I cant remember what happened to it.....and its only been like 20 years ago. Im 36.......I had that rifle for like 10 years.
For shame. I still have the Daisy Cub I got for my 8th birthday. It's 60 years old now and the seal is gone - too bad it's riveted together, it's still functional otherwise..
I've already passed on to my son the .22 Stevens Buckhorn I got for my 12thI