• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Remember GinB stocks?

I had a couple of these made way back in the day. They fit the actions I made, Rapids and Theobens. I was into Benchrest then but not so much now so I think I will whittle the bulk out of the fore arm. The wood is Sono Kembang I believe? Does anyone else have Ginb stocks still?

1590246111_11670882195ec93adfb37f12.58272629.jpg

I had a GinB stock built for a Daystate CR97-

1590250714_5076059725ec94cdaa2f323.08921490.JPG

And also bought a used Air Airms S500 with a GinB stock. MoF, I used it to win the first airgun benchrest match I entered; coincidentally the first airgun benchrest match at Arlington Sportsmen's Club-

1590250936_5741191245ec94db8cf5175.19647254.JPG

GinB did great work, for very reasonable prices, and kept their customers informed with emails containing photos of every step in their stock's progress. No wonder they're no longer in business; too conscientious to compete in today's business climate of hype, advertising and BS.

I have had more than one contact with Antonio Gentilini, aka GIMB. He helped me build the trigger extension for a bullpup and gave me advice on building my first stocks. He is a great person, humble and capable of retiring up, even after the terrible accident which unfortunately caused him permanent damage. 

Ahhh, he lives in Indonesia, where he started to build stocks for fun (but his real business is that of import / export), but every now and then he visits his licenses in Italy .... He told me that we are practically both of us in the same area ... Our towns are about 15 km away. It is an honor for me to be his "home" neighbor. He closed his stock-building business, because he never earned anything, in fact, he lost money. But by his own admission, it was a very nice experience.

Those who have a GIMB stock do well to keep it for themselves ... they will become nowhere to be found.

In Italy owning a GIMB stock is a great honor ... Antonio has made the Italian genius even better for fine craftsmanship.

This is a GinB #14 stock in teak doreng with a 1993 vintage Beeman HW97. Bought it several years ago at the Arkansas Airgun Extravaganza. I have just found the right scope for it, a NOS Weaver V16. Getting ready to mount it today, but one of the rings had stripped threads. I ordered a new one piece ring set , getting it ready for possible hunter field target. I really like the way this stock fits me. Should be a nice setup, thanks to my friend Ron Robinson for help with both the rifle and scope. I believe it will shoot as well as it looks.

1596558377_7400718445f298c29bf9bd9.30735362.JPG