Tuning Rekord Trigger Won’t Fire

Got one for the brain trust. I have a new 97K. The first thing I did was remove the trigger, adjusted 1st stage travel, pull weight, got rid of most 2nd stage creep, cleaned out their white lube crap, re-lubed and re-installed in the gun. Now the trigger won’t fire. It works just fine outside of the gun and works fine in the trigger block if the safety IS NOT installed. Seems the safety is pressing against the middle sear. Any ideas as to what I did wrong or how to fix this? As it will ONLY be shot from the bench and HFT, is it practical to just leave the safety out? Thanks……. Uj

Reactions: Bolillo
I have disassembled and tuned too many Rekord triggers.

So you resent the trigger tab on the first stage, adjusted the forbidden screw on the second stage and backed out the large aluminum screw for pull weight - Right?

So the gun cocks, but doesn't fire - Right?

Does the safety push in and click in the fire mode?

If yes, could be the thin tab on the top left of the trigger housing which sits on the safety. For some reason the slot in the safety is not aligning with the top sear 2, which allows it to be released.

Ultimately, not having a safety is ok, if no kids are around or you don't have a rifle drop of lapse in judgement.

Reactions: Bolillo
I agree with Bear-of -Grayling. If you cock the trigger when installing and not pull the trigger after re-assembly it will not cock when you pull the under lever. And IMO the trigger is set too light or the safety wasn't assembled correctly. If I remember right the safety must be on when you put the trigger back in. I install the front trigger pin first make sure the safety is on safe then rotate the trigger assembly down and drive in the rear pin.