• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Regulators for AEA's

yes i have the .357 challenger standard big bore w/side leaver 10rd mag 600cc cylinder weighs 10lbs and yes the 3 washers were installed by the manufacturer. out of the box a 125gr slug is going over 1100 fps half the time, i had to go to the 130gr hollowpoint , but darn i love the feel of those 125grs. so yes sir .

Reactions: silvershooter589
yes i have the .357 challenger standard big bore w/side leaver 10rd mag 600cc cylinder weighs 10lbs and yes the 3 washers were installed by the manufacturer. out of the box a 125gr slug is going over 1100 fps half the time, i had to go to the 130gr hollowpoint , but darn i love the feel of those 125grs. so yes sir .
it preforms well with 11/32inch steel ball bearings at hardness 100... for those who really wish their displeasure to be felt. and i think those are around 68gr and come out the barrel at over 1250fps(i have not been able to chrono them) i am actually thinking of casting them in a slug mold with the lead but have not done so yet...

it preforms well with 11/32inch steel ball bearings at hardness 100... for those who really wish their displeasure to be felt. and i think those are around 68gr and come out the barrel at over 1250fps(i have not been able to chrono them) i am actually thinking of casting them in a slug mold with the lead but have not done so yet...
confirmed this morning yes i am to use the orange tip just because it makes me safer while in public open carrying my air rifle, but not actually a law i have to follow. just suggested by law enforcement. google 3d printed cover for dony fl suppressor and its on ebay.

Your gun your rules but this airgun barrel like most are designed for pure softer lead (the norm for airgun slugs/pellets). So, I can see risking serious damage to the rifling in the barrel using steel other wise people would be using jacketed ammo.
you are correct about jacketed slugs and that is why i gave a specific size because i have personally tested that size to make sure it does not interact with the rifling at all and hence wont mess up your barrel my friend. 11/32 inch is 8.73mm and you can actually use a diameter of 8.8mm without touching the rifling at all. so those steel ball bearings can actually be cast inside of any slug mold over 130gr. myself i wrap them in lead i get from construction materials, roof vally sheathing lead is even softer than ksi lead. so, do you have any other objections ? bet ya it will punch through 1/2" steel plate ...

Your gun your rules but this airgun barrel like most are designed for pure softer lead (the norm for airgun slugs/pellets). So, I can see risking serious damage to the rifling in the barrel using steel other wise people would be using jacketed ammo.
oh we in the know do use .348cal jacketed bullets for 9mm, and .284 jacketed bullets for .30cal and .243cal jacketed bullets for .25cal so its not that you are wrong cause you are correct, just completely misinformed about the possibilities known and used by people more learned than yourself. be congradulated for learning a thing not taught in books. and only known and used by people that understand how the rules of this universe can be bent .

Last edited by a moderator:
well i dont think ive ever had a smooth bore bb gun, but the whole premise of what i am saying comes from a bb gun, specifically from crossman's 1377 targetmaster pistol, they call it the american classic now. it fires bbs and pellets and is well rifled. very accurate and ive personally shot bb's from one of those for over 35 years without damaging one barrel or any rifling. did same with a .22 benjamin sherridan and used copperhead bbs so the barrel looked gold inside. and i am shooting copper electroplated 147gr hollowpoint self defense bullets out of my .357 and that copper electroplate is starting to make the inside of my barrel shiny like i did the sherridan. you know when the inside of the barrel gets completely coated i already know it will vastly improve accuracy and velocity. just because you do not know this and dont use a air rifle with the power to send jacketed bullets down range, and dont realize that the issue you are talking about has been solved and thats why you are like litterally the last person ive informed . so i appologize for not comming to you first and getting your personal approval on this thing. when my barrel rifling is shiny and looks like gold i will remember what you said and i will probably come brag and have a show and tell session, but it does take ever so long to get that copper to lead in. and no i am not saying to use copper rds or jacketed rds unless you find and verify that the diameter will not interfere with your airguns rifling.
now rifling, there really needs to be less of it overall, just 3 thousandths is needed and the air current will spin the projectile even if it does not touch the rifling.
and cutting these deep grooves into lead is only decreasing the potential of energy comming out of your barrel. so yeah i am aware of some of the projectiles i use removing a tiny bit of the rifling, doing that and smoothing everything and polishing it with steel and copper electroplating is really improving the accuracy and power my air rifle is putting out and i thought the rest of the community with intelligence would like to know the hows and whats and whys of it.
smiles anyone is welcome to come shoot stuff like this out of my airgun on my small range if you are afraid that i dont know what i am talking about.if you are looking at a map of texas and see dallas ft worth, see that speck there in the middle, no thats dust next to that, yeah thats me there. and you can reach me here and we can go from there.

well i dont think ive ever had a smooth bore bb gun, but the whole premise of what i am saying comes from a bb gun, specifically from crossman's 1377 targetmaster pistol, they call it the american classic now. it fires bbs and pellets and is well rifled. very accurate and ive personally shot bb's from one of those for over 35 years without damaging one barrel or any rifling. did same with a .22 benjamin sherridan and used copperhead bbs so the barrel looked gold inside. and i am shooting copper electroplated 147gr hollowpoint self defense bullets out of my .357 and that copper electroplate is starting to make the inside of my barrel shiny like i did the sherridan. you know when the inside of the barrel gets completely coated i already know it will vastly improve accuracy and velocity. just because you do not know this and dont use a air rifle with the power to send jacketed bullets down range, and dont realize that the issue you are talking about has been solved and thats why you are like litterally the last person ive informed . so i appologize for not comming to you first and getting your personal approval on this thing. when my barrel rifling is shiny and looks like gold i will remember what you said and i will probably come brag and have a show and tell session, but it does take ever so long to get that copper to lead in. and no i am not saying to use copper rds or jacketed rds unless you find and verify that the diameter will not interfere with your airguns rifling.
now rifling, there really needs to be less of it overall, just 3 thousandths is needed and the air current will spin the projectile even if it does not touch the rifling.
and cutting these deep grooves into lead is only decreasing the potential of energy comming out of your barrel. so yeah i am aware of some of the projectiles i use removing a tiny bit of the rifling, doing that and smoothing everything and polishing it with steel and copper electroplating is really improving the accuracy and power my air rifle is putting out and i thought the rest of the community with intelligence would like to know the hows and whats and whys of it.
smiles anyone is welcome to come shoot stuff like this out of my airgun on my small range if you are afraid that i dont know what i am talking about.if you are looking at a map of texas and see dallas ft worth, see that speck there in the middle, no thats dust next to that, yeah thats me there. and you can reach me here and we can go from there.
lastly i do not ever encourage anyone to be unsafe, always verify what you are doing in a safe and legal manner pba airgun rds are palladium not lead check the hardness of palladium maybe we should never use pba rds either, so when our lawmakers bann lead(they are doing so in the news ) what do you plan to shoot with any of your airguns. yeah well the issue is no longer up for debate enjoy because if i knew how to delete messages ive typed i would delete all of it and let all fend for themselves, i am truely appologetic for thinking of and caring about others. oh i am good, satisfied with my work and done with it ,

You're talking out of your ass. The fact that you didn't know bb guns have smooth bore barrels as a general rule because a copper bb would not have enough energy behind it to engage rifling when properly seated. These manufactured big bore PCP Airguns were not designed to shoot steel or copper just lead or a non lead substitute. Keep talking it seems you enjoy hearing yourself speak. Have a great day and again do as you wish now stop trolling this thread. I will not reply to anymore of your foolish responses to this thread.
its good you are not going to reply, when you think its cool to harrass someones post, tell ya what you know nothing about airguns nor their use or reason for being. you are the one that stated bb guns are smooth bore, ive never shot a bb gun that cheap, all mine had rifling and steel bb's shot down every one. so you sir are an ,,, hmmmm wel you aint much of anything not knowledgable , not anything worth mentioning. and you really should stop harrassing people about their barrel rifling, and guess what you dont get to decide who posts on what thread. nope i got nothing to say about any sn***hing id**tic, person anywhere on the net, i eat trolls cant believe you did not know steel bb's have always went down rifled barrels and you the first to say they do damage. cause i never said to use any type of projectile at all that would harm a barrel, size matters and you did not pay attention that i specifically said to use a steel ball that is smaller than the rifling (because who would want to put a thing too big into a place too small for it. and if you had listened carefully you would have noticed how precise i am being to keep everyone safe, including you. so why dont you keep your trolling self outta the way of progress and the future of air guns, cause its all leaning twards higher velocities energy and eventually the use of stuff that is not lead. so get used to it, safely, legally, and your next harrassment will be reported.

you are very correct they do not know, and we should not let that cat completly out the bag till airgun tech surpasses firearms. we need full access to their calibers meaning we need our airgun manufacturers to design and make barrels that can easily shoot the reload bullets they make, secondly and along with it our barrel rifling needs to be less and the bore needs be correct, a .357 needs to be able to handle a .358 rifle slug not just the .357 pistol slugs or the.356 slugs most of us are forced to use.
i mean i cant use barrys bullets electroplated .357cal but the .356 woerks just makes alot of noise going through the barrel.
this is a whole topic change so i will leave it there,, but i made a thread, THE FUTURE OF AIRGUNS .. its my thread and it says it all basically our tech needs to get better than theirs starting with their bullets velocity increase next by rifling redesign, and then we go big , someone in the industry needs make the pcp air pumps nano sized and able to fit into the guns. yeah i know it seems like a dream but say look at compressors 10 years ago and now, my gx l3 runs on lithium batteries and is less than 20lbs and will fit in a backpack. my mom has a tiny compressor in her trunk for the tires , it can go to 300psi and weigs less than 5lbs, we can make it as small as we need so my challenger standard big bore .357 just spit out a 220gr hollowpoint at 853pfi for a energy of 355and a half fpe plus whateveer the hollowpoint does , wow. thats more than most of the .457air rifles out there.

IMG_20220817_154314844.jpg

IMG_20220511_065158468.jpg

but i do not take good pics geres thisand ive been blind for the last 11 years so there is no telling if i even got the pics i just took from the phone to the comp and then here to the site. so if these pics are not of a aea standard big bore .357 someone please tell me. crossing fingers that i dont send pther pics.

1myrig.jpg

but i do not take good pics geres thisand ive been blind for the last 11 years so there is no telling if i even got the pics i just took from the phone to the comp and then here to the site. so if these pics are not of a aea standard big bore .357 someone please tell me. crossing fingers that i dont send pther pics.

View attachment 283614

Pictures are just black and empty

Pictures are just black and empty
thanks, i will have to take more here in a few hours it was raining and the light in my roomn very poor i am just glad i did not send pics that were in the location my phone cam sends pics but i did not remember taking those and i cant see any of them sowas not 100% sure i was sending the right pics . it will get sorted in a few

thanks, i will have to take more here in a few hours it was raining and the light in my roomn very poor i am just glad i did not send pics that were in the location my phone cam sends pics but i did not remember taking those and i cant see any of them sowas not 100% sure i was sending the right pics . it will get sorted in a few
here go
here go

airgun1.jpg

airgun2.jpg