Regulators for AEA's

Check with your dealer, AEA has came out with regulators for some of their rifles and some time maybe fallish,, they will offer regulators for the big bores. I have the Challenger 357 big bore standard.
Hopefully so but It looks like the challenger pro regulator setup that they are offering for the standard challenger won’t work with the .357 big bore bullpup as of now . I’m half tempted to sell the big bore and buy a cheapo challenger 357

Hopefully so but It looks like the challenger pro regulator setup that they are offering for the standard challenger won’t work with the .357 big bore bullpup as of now . I’m half tempted to sell the big bore and buy a cheapo challenger 357
I would hold off on that, They are going to make regs for the big bores also but, if you don't need that much power then that's you choice.

Reactions: BurntDog
yeah hold off on that bro, i just bought the standard big bore .357 also and yes they will make a reg for it eventually, but going back to the lower powered challenger will get you this, a regulator that has one function, to make your shots come out at a regulated velocity. but you will also only be able to fit max 140gr slugs into the breach and this rifle i am holding can fit 230gr slugs so the big bore is obviously better bro. and the ninimum power you get now would be the maximum power you get with the cheapo challenger. and still wont have the power wheel the pro has. so since i am in the same situation i plan to wait, cause buying the pro is still a downgrade in power. i just memorized the shot string at 3600 fill and at 4300fill and ill tell ya the 3600 fill is better, but makes me wonder about filling to 3800 and endint at 2100psi wonder how many shots that would be.

Reactions: BurntDog
3500-3600 is the sweet spot for my challenger SL .357 and 81gr jsb for excellent accuracy
with placed shots on deer & hogs.
and the hybrids are amazing in it also !
smiles, the sl huh , well my 81 gr jsb pellets leave the barrel of my .357 standard big bore at a bit over or under 1200fps and net me 212fpe at first shot, but they are horribly inaccurate due to the velocity so the lowest grain slug(i do not shoot pellets anymore) is a 125gr ranger , and i shoot some 147gr copper electroplated self defense hollowpoints from barrys bullets alot. they actually make a screaming sound as they travel through the barrel. and those 174gr devistators fit in my magazine. oh i can fit a 220into the breach single shot. did i mention this air rifles minimum power output with those 81gr pellets is 212fpe right. its because the powerplant is heavier the air tube is 600cc and the breach is much bigger. so i understand 3600psi is where your sweet spot is, but that is like shot 3 in my guns sweet spot. so i am looking at 3800 psi and testing it because seriously from there my gun raises in velocity for 4 shots and then lowers forthe rest ending a 10 shot string at 922fps.
i think i can shoot a whole other 10 shot magazine, yeah it has 10 in my mag not 8. but enjoy that sl, untill the itch makes you buy the big bore.

Reactions: 357cal
smiles, the sl huh , well my 81 gr jsb pellets leave the barrel of my .357 standard big bore at a bit over or under 1200fps and net me 212fpe at first shot, but they are horribly inaccurate due to the velocity so the lowest grain slug(i do not shoot pellets anymore) is a 125gr ranger , and i shoot some 147gr copper electroplated self defense hollowpoints from barrys bullets alot. they actually make a screaming sound as they travel through the barrel. and those 174gr devistators fit in my magazine. oh i can fit a 220into the breach single shot. did i mention this air rifles minimum power output with those 81gr pellets is 212fpe right. its because the powerplant is heavier the air tube is 600cc and the breach is much bigger. so i understand 3600psi is where your sweet spot is, but that is like shot 3 in my guns sweet spot. so i am looking at 3800 psi and testing it because seriously from there my gun raises in velocity for 4 shots and then lowers forthe rest ending a 10 shot string at 922fps.
i think i can shoot a whole other 10 shot magazine, yeah it has 10 in my mag not 8. but enjoy that sl, untill the itch makes you buy the big bore.
my big bore itch has been scratched many times and my max FPE is 266 using the proslugs 109gr solids
but power is not my main concern, i like to put the projectile exactly where i want it to go, and its not on paper.

my big bore itch has been scratched many times and my max FPE is 266 using the proslugs 109gr solids
but power is not my main concern, i like to put the projectile exactly where i want it to go, and its not on paper.
tthe good news is i think the regulator kit works with your challenger, and yes i actually was trying to buy the version you have and the guy at the pellet shop just decided to toss that at me and see my amazement at the amount of power coming from my airgun. and yes those 109grs are good for you it sounds and we all use what works right. ii am getting my lead from gt bullets tthink they carry some of the weights you use. i love my airgun its a bit scary though. like holding a 9mm firearm that looks like a rifle. so i put a cover on my emperor that has orange at the tip like an airsoft gun, hehehe just to confuse the haters and idiots of this world. and its a beautiful thing, enjoy

Reactions: 357cal
tthe good news is i think the regulator kit works with your challenger, and yes i actually was trying to buy the version you have and the guy at the pellet shop just decided to toss that at me and see my amazement at the amount of power coming from my airgun. and yes those 109grs are good for you it sounds and we all use what works right. ii am getting my lead from gt bullets tthink they carry some of the weights you use. i love my airgun its a bit scary though. like holding a 9mm firearm that looks like a rifle. so i put a cover on my emperor that has orange at the tip like an airsoft gun, hehehe just to confuse the haters and idiots of this world. and its a beautiful thing, enjoy
Careful with that orange tip, some places (know your local laws) may have a law against that and you can be charged with a crime. Bad guys have done this on real firearms.

I'm not so sure about the orange paint! I feel airguns are just as dangerous as firearms, they just don't have the distance and should be handled with a lot of care. They are by no means a toy.
YEAH i wondered about that at first but here in texas there is an obscure law taling about all airguns must have the orange tip. the local pd knows about my air rifle they told me to open carry it as if it were a firearm and it is restricted from any place a firearm is restricted, but they understand and confirm that air guns are not restricted for the most part except i have to be hunting to posess my air rifle in the city limits but outside my property or vehicle. and if i pull it out there better be a good reason since it is a city ordinance not to point an airgun at any person or property. they make it so you can only use it in your back yard or in local woods. i am about to ask city if i can shoot all the snakes in the creek in the nearby park.

i agree with you these big bore air guns are not toys at all. but i was actually advised to put the orange cover on my suppressor by a law enforcement official that did not want other people in town thinking i was just walking around with a firearm keeps people from making waves they dont need to. i would rather have it nearby if it were needed than have it stored away somewhere. you will not ever stop the evil that runs rampant in this world unless you are willing to stand against it yourself, because absolutly no gun control at all will stop a person who does not care about the law. so all gun control does is take the ability of good people to defend themselves away. so i am against any and all reform or control of any lead injection devices. your duty , is when you see evil, stop it.

I'm in new york. any bb or pellet gun/ airgun that can shoot 600fps is treated somewhat like a firearm. At first i wasn't to happy about it but, Now that i have gotten into pcps i fully understand. I can hunt with it provided you have a licence to do so and i can use a moderator/ with no orange paint. I guess the bottom line is, We have to follow state and local laws if we want these rifle and pistols to gain acceptance for hunting.I would like to see all states have the same laws covering hunting. some states you can deer hunt with a airgun and some you cant? I really don't think people know how powerful these airguns are. nothing like the bb guns of old with 8fpe. i have brought in to work a 148 gr slug and they can't believe it .

Reactions: ThomasT
I'm in new york. any bb or pellet gun/ airgun that can shoot 600fps is treated somewhat like a firearm. At first i wasn't to happy about it but, Now that i have gotten into pcps i fully understand. I can hunt with it provided you have a licence to do so and i can use a moderator/ with no orange paint. I guess the bottom line is, We have to follow state and local laws if we want these rifle and pistols to gain acceptance for hunting.I would like to see all states have the same laws covering hunting. some states you can deer hunt with a airgun and some you cant? I really don't think people know how powerful these airguns are. nothing like the bb guns of old with 8fpe. i have brought in to work a 148 gr slug and they can't believe it .
you are very correct they do not know, and we should not let that cat completly out the bag till airgun tech surpasses firearms. we need full access to their calibers meaning we need our airgun manufacturers to design and make barrels that can easily shoot the reload bullets they make, secondly and along with it our barrel rifling needs to be less and the bore needs be correct, a .357 needs to be able to handle a .358 rifle slug not just the .357 pistol slugs or the.356 slugs most of us are forced to use.
i mean i cant use barrys bullets electroplated .357cal but the .356 woerks just makes alot of noise going through the barrel.
this is a whole topic change so i will leave it there,, but i made a thread, THE FUTURE OF AIRGUNS .. its my thread and it says it all basically our tech needs to get better than theirs starting with their bullets velocity increase next by rifling redesign, and then we go big , someone in the industry needs make the pcp air pumps nano sized and able to fit into the guns. yeah i know it seems like a dream but say look at compressors 10 years ago and now, my gx l3 runs on lithium batteries and is less than 20lbs and will fit in a backpack. my mom has a tiny compressor in her trunk for the tires , it can go to 300psi and weigs less than 5lbs, we can make it as small as we need so my challenger standard big bore .357 just spit out a 220gr hollowpoint at 853pfi for a energy of 355and a half fpe plus whateveer the hollowpoint does , wow. thats more than most of the .457air rifles out there.

and i did not have to paint my airgun, there is a person 3d printing suppressor covers for the dony fl moderators, cost $15 . and it slips on and of without issue when someone comes up and asks questions, when i slip the cover off and they see the proffesional quality of a emperor moderator, they first freak out thinking its a silencer and i explain how if it were used on a firearm it would catch fire and destroy itself. and they calm down. usually if they have a firearm on their hip i will let them hold and check out my air rifle. and every time there is amazement. so no we keep this under wraps as much as possible. we do nnot wish to have legislation against airguns , we would have to fight in the courts claiming 2nd amendment rights for our air guns. we would win but the expense and time and omg its easier to take them all and put them in a room with a single window. making them all watch as we shoot pidgeons in the head for a full day and then explain tothe one making laws against the 2nd amendment that they are the pidgeons in this situation and if forced we will rise...

i hope that is never the case or an actuality.

stay true shoot straight and nnever doubt that airguns are the future.

my lithium battery compressor is charged by windmill battery inverted electricity so i cannot run out of juice air or lead, hmmm gotta get that casting stuff next .