• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Regulator Suggestions for tethered Line to Airgun?

I just put this together, it's a RegMan regulator with micro hoses for my 74cf tank. Bought it through ATP. It's made for tethering.
2ec8a5f291353a66669ec54a43bd8179.jpg

Another method I have used in the past was a 90cubic inch 4.5k psi Air Venturi or Ninja tank that has the regulated output. The regulated output is supposed to be set at 3k psi but they really only put out between 2700 to 2800 psi. So, depends on which gun you tether and it's performance at that range.

I was initially aggravated with it til I figured out that it filled my Prod to the exact fill it preferred at 180 bar, so I kept it. I then began using it for tethering unregulated guns for bench rest shooting. Lotta shots! They seem to go for $299 but I see them for sale used quite often for much cheaper. A lot of unregulated guns like to shoot at 180 bar, right in the plateau of their curve. Also, most regulated guns have set points of 150 bar and below so this works in that scenario as well. They can also be purchased at different "set points" for regulated output. The dedicated outboard Regulators are nice but this works well in a pinch. Air tanks plus seems to have them with set outputs of 2400, 2600, 2800, and 3000psi. And if you already have a small tank with paintball sized threads, you can just buy the regulator for $98.

"Mick-VA"Another method I have used in the past was a 90cubic inch 4.5k psi Air Venturi or Ninja tank that has the regulated output. The regulated output is supposed to be set at 3k psi but they really only put out between 2700 to 2800 psi. So, depends on which gun you tether and it's performance at that range.

I was initially aggravated with it til I figured out that it filled my Prod to the exact fill it preferred at 180 bar, so I kept it. I then began using it for tethering unregulated guns for bench rest shooting. Lotta shots! They seem to go for $299 but I see them for sale used quite often for much cheaper. A lot of unregulated guns like to shoot at 180 bar, right in the plateau of their curve. Also, most regulated guns have set points of 150 bar and below so this works in that scenario as well. They can also be purchased at different "set points" for regulated output. The dedicated outboard Regulators are nice but this works well in a pinch. Air tanks plus seems to have them with set outputs of 2400, 2600, 2800, and 3000psi. And if you already have a small tank with paintball sized threads, you can just buy the regulator for $98.
Any regulator works well. Even a fixed for regulated guns. I started shooting my unregulated AAS510 off it. Now I always have my regulated guns tethered. I just set the pressure above the guns regulator. It just makes it easy to target shoot. No worries, and one less thing I have to think about falling off the regulator.
I just add my wish list to be emailed to me when my item comes up on ebay. This is how I picked up mine for cheap.

"Inde"I have regulated guns and 90cf scuba tank.
Guns spec. 3000psi and 3300psi. I have dive shop 3mins drive from home.
Is there any reason I cannot tether with just the fill hose and tank reg.
Thanks T.
You need to have a separate regulator unless you have a fixed tank style like Ninja sells. I have only seen 3000psi fixed so far like Mick-VA says he uses.

I have a 4500psi Air Venturi tank also that's regulated at 2900/3000 but the nice thing about having a adjustable regulator is you might have a ag that shoots best at 2650psi and another ag that does well at 2900psi and another ag that likes 2700psi having a good adjustable regulator lets you explore different psi settings and get you to your best string and then you can shoot constantly at that psi for a long time...If my .357 BullDog is shooting say 3 shots at 915fps at 2825 then falls and I refill and it shows the same thing again I can then tether my 74cf tank and set it at 2825 and really have a fun day shooting same thing with my .22 or .25 find that sweet spot set the reg off a tethered tank and have at it. At least this is how I look at it. 

Reactions: Airgun Al
Can't you use those "PCP fill stations" and just dial it to the pressure you want? I have one and it was like 50$ and it could do that job, 500$ for that setup seems WAY HIGH. The one I have the gauge is dead on with my PCP.

Every 20 shots you might have to open the bottle a bit to keep the pressure the same (using a Texan as an example) but that bit of work should be worth the 450$ in savings.

The problems with the above reg.is that you will not know the remaining pressure in the tank and it only fits a din 200 or din 300 scuba tank which are rare in the US. You can buy k valve to din adaptor. I also suspect the accuracy and readability of a gauge that size. The whole purpose of a reg. Is to eliminate pressure as a variable. I do not think this will achieve that.

I have been using a product from Altaros air systems. It costs about 140 euro including postage. Its working range is between 80-210 bar. I have mine set at 170 and it works in the 165-175 range. If you want a higher working pressure, they may be able to build one to suit your needs. I have bought several products from this company and their service is highly regarded. The reg comes with hose and regulated pressure gauge and DIN type fitting which you will need if using a 300 bar bottle.