Regulator suddenly at 170, from 140 bar?

"Centercut"Good news. If it was keeping you ES respectable before you disassembled it I would leave the reg alone and just put it back together with a new reg pressure gage. My reg pressure gage reads accurately but the tube pressure gage was off by at least 20 bar. I replaced it with a Wika gage, so now both gages read within 5 bar once I get to or below reg pressure. I have an EDgun EDMU that I plan on installing once I ream out the end and of the dustcover 1.6mm.
Hate to ask but what is "ES". : )

I am going to leave the regulator alone for sure. My pressure gauge is showing 30 bar when lying on the table. If that is not a clear sign of it being "broken" , I am not sure what is, ha ha. The question now is, where do I get a new one from? I did a quick google search but nothing concrete came up. I can see that there are some thread on here about WIKA gauges, but for some reason they are also no conclusive?! 

Maybe I just call AOA...

Thanks,

Kmd

"kmd1984"
"BigTinBoat"Here's one that will work, actually it's 2. Mine took 10 day from order to delivery. At 100 bar it was dead on with my Wiki, not sure beyond that as my reg was set at 120 so that's where it stopped
https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-lots-of-2-PCP-Paintball-350bar-Mini-Micro-High-Pressure-Gauge-1-8-BSPP-Threads/173043551584?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
My gauge is vertical, so these are not going to work. Thanks though. 
Kmd
That's odd. How do you screw it in? Is the gauge that far away from the receiver?
Never saw a bobcat but didn't think it would be like that.
Got a pic of it?

I can shed some insight from my experiences to the off center poi of your pellets. I have found that the pellets flight at certain reg pressures to be different. My belief is that this is due to harmonics that the reg pressure puts off. Different reg pressures give different harmonics and some although being different have the same harmonics. When you shoot enough and play with pressures enough, you know what harmonics your gun likes to be at. Once you know from low bar to high bar, you can choose that harmonic pressure that your gun likes to give you the speed you want to get the most accurate groups. Just my .02. A little bit of the Dubber theory as well.

KMD,

ES is Extreme Spread, or the difference between the slowest and fastest shot in a string. You want to keep that number low. Cleaning and polishing the reg helps, weighing pellets definitely helps.
Sounds like you solved your mystery. Those gauges on the Impact are just not very good. I have recently switched to HUMA gauges and they are right on the money, both with the supply air tank, and between themselves.

Good luck getting her dialed in.

KP

"BigTinBoat"Just found an un-stocked Bobcat pic. I see the gauge is under the receiver. You need to measure the gauge that's all. If there is a seal under it then likely 1/8 bspp thread
Sorry I was not able to reply earlier, but as I see, you found a picture already... : )

I called AOA and they told me to call FX Airguns USA. I spoke to Jessica, which is really nice btw, and I was able to just order a new gauge for $27 dollars or so. I am not sure how much shipping is, but I cannot imagine it being much, so all is good!

Kmd

"kmd1984"
Sorry I was not able to reply earlier, but as I see, you found a picture already... : )

I called AOA and they told me to call FX Airguns USA. I spoke to Jessica, which is really nice btw, and I was able to just order a new gauge for $27 dollars or so. I am not sure how much shipping is, but I cannot imagine it being much, so all is good!

Kmd
This is great. The thing I don't like about my BSA's and Brocock is that no place in the USA has any parts. Nice that FX USA is just a couple states south of me.

"EliteAirgunr"I can shed some insight from my experiences to the off center poi of your pellets. I have found that the pellets flight at certain reg pressures to be different. My belief is that this is due to harmonics that the reg pressure puts off. Different reg pressures give different harmonics and some although being different have the same harmonics. When you shoot enough and play with pressures enough, you know what harmonics your gun likes to be at. Once you know from low bar to high bar, you can choose that harmonic pressure that your gun likes to give you the speed you want to get the most accurate groups. Just my .02. A little bit of the Dubber theory as well.
I can see different regulator pressures causing different harmonics, but keep in mind that I did not change the reg pressure! I only go from high to low power. Changing the power level should not result in harmonics so bad that the pellet travels 1 inch to the right on a distance of 25 meters. Besides, it never used to do that. Going to low power from high power just made the pellet drop, not drift to the side...

Anyway. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Kmd

"BigTinBoat"
"kmd1984"
Kmd
This is great. The thing I don't like about my BSA's and Brocock is that no place in the USA has any parts. Nice that FX USA is just a couple states south of me.
I agree. All I had to do was make a phone call and BAM, the part is on its way. Best thing about it is, that it is coming from within the US, so priority shipping means it is here in two days. : )

Thanks,

Kmd

"Centercut"You want at least 0-200 bar. Or 0-3000 psi. Have you tried holding the threads and turning the gage body until it reads zero? Would be a temporary fix. Those FX gages are total crap on the older model guns. I tjink they upgraded on the Crown.
My gauge is vertical. It has the threads come out on the bottom... 😁

Who the F would give me negative feedback for a "fake profile"??? Who cares where I am from? Who cares what my profile says? But hey, if it makes you feel better, good for you...

Kmd