• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Regulator is in...big differance...Hatsan 44-10

Hi I got a Hatsan 44-10 QT long in .25Before the regulator the fps per shot was this:808 808 813 808 811 816 817 811 814 814 812 799 798 794 786 789 779 775 768... then it drops off fast...This is a new gun only had 40 shots before I recorded this set. The nixed shot set was with the regulator put in stock as I received it. This is the fps per shot...671 670 667 668 667 669 671 672 667 665 671 663 669 669 667 667 670 668 668 669 669 669 673 673 671 669 672...then it starts to drop off.Big difference I believe.I would like to learn how to do more tuning. If you have any more ideas.... web sights ... or just Have any ideas to help me learn more on this I would sure appreciate it. Thanks Richard

I have the same set up, AT44 QE .25 with an Altaros regulaor. I get 18 shots (2 clips) at ~850fps right now, but have had it tuned for 4 clips @ ~650. I did do a little valve work, but it wasn't anything too complicated, just plugging the holes on the "back" of the valve and opening the ones on the front. What regulator do you have? With mine there is a flat head screw inside the regulator that tunes the speeds. About 1/8" turn equates to ~7fps and there is about 100ish total fps worth of tuning in the reg and the rest is in the gun itself. Check out rsterne's work. http://www.canadianairguns.com/showthread.php?656-Hatsan-25-cal-AT44S-10-Long-Mods  He is pretty much the pioneer with the hatsan AT line as far as tuning goes and has a ton of pics and information and even makes graphs and whatnot.

Thanks for the heads up Salticon.. Thanks for the info...my reg I got off of ebay. Its a Audrius regulator I think it was like 59 bucks shipped. seems to work good. Did you drill any thing out on the regulator. I have seen a few on youtube but....I haven't done enough research to start drilling and machining on things yet. I will check out that web sight ....I don't think I have seen that one. my regulator Is by turning the end screw housing. What psi do you have your regulator set at. Thanks you two...for the input I will check them out. Richard

Excellent, a fun learning experience I'm certain, just tune for your application. Which is? Target, Hunting , 10M ( Kidding)
Just for fun I clicked to the altaros site and saw it adjusts from 100 to 150 bar and a 3/4 revolution range of adjustment ( like knowing roughly how far something should adjust to avoid that ham fist thing) . I've installed others ( not in a hatsan) but not an altros.
I just cant believe it is now so low cost and easy to pop a regulator from one person/company in just about any air gun. 10 years ago few factory airguns had a reg and only a couple of people made & sold them and just about all ( well all but maybe you could get one to install yourself if you knew the maker and they thought you could do it ) were in house installation so you had to ship regs them selves weren't inexpensive and only for the dedicated, and naturally you had to wait. And regulated and power just wasn't done ( except perhaps the Career 707 in .25 with an "A-Team" reg at 50fpe max). THE thing really opening long range shooting of airguns. But they do still need tuning after install - thus the afore mention "in house" work- and it is all basic ( or was "basic" back when "tuning" was not interchangeable with "adjusting") tuning that applies to any pre-charged regulated or not and it is a lot of fun getting hands on knowledge of all this "balancing" of parts.
Keep us posted, maybe take a picture or two, always like pictures.

John

With all your help I looked up the web sights you all pointed me to....This is what i have so far
I have the access hole drilled on the bottom of the gun stock for locking the hammer back. And I have the grove cut in the stock behind and under the safety so I wont have to take the stock off for every adjustment.

Thanks again for all the help. I will keep you all informed of my progress as I get closer to getting to the range. Thanks Again Richard

Thanks for the pictures nice job making the modifications needed for easy access , without the pictures "I" would have understood what you meant but pictures (where? what?) help so much. 
Looking forward to numbers & targets.

John

BD, you likely know the A-Team regs has a particular bleeding/filling cycle ( like the first anit-loc brakes, kidding not as bad) I for one would like to see Sumatra numbers with one. The old carrers ( any cal.) shot very well once regulated.

John