• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Regulator install lubrication

How far down should the reg be in the Disco? With the application rod provided. I can seat it right in front of gage. It is about a inch away from gauge on muzzel side. Should it be past the gage and closer to valve?

I have no experience with this particular rifle, but if like others, you really have no choice about where the reg is placed, as the air pressure will move it to the end of the air cylinder or plenum or whatever contains it. If so, I would place it at the downstream end of its containment, it's gonna end up there anyway. 

If you feel a need to lube the O rings, and if you use silicone, use it very lightly, and be sure to keep it away from any metal-to-metal contacts, as it can cause seizing under high heat/pressure connections.

Kinda what I heard also. So do we need to use oil/grease at all on the washers? Maybe just a really thin coat of lithium grease or gear oil? Some airgun O-rings seem to dislike lithium grease and break down. 

I've never rebuilt a regulator. If I were doing it, I'd be inclined to wipe the washers with a clean patch very lightly treated with a fully synthetic oil, more a cleaning process rather than lubing, although a small amount would remain on the metal, not enough to be visible as such. As for the O rings, the only reg I have installed was a Huma in my Royale. Once inserted, there is no movement of anything in contact with the O rings, a static environment, so I did not use any lube. But that's the extent of my experience with regulators. If yours is similarly limited, you should probably seek more experienced advice. Two drunks can't walk a straight line!

Bacon Grease...... Ummmmm Bacon, :) ...... 

tenor.gif

Bacon Grease...... Ummmmm Bacon, :) ...... 

tenor.gif

LOL!!! Bacon is good on everything!!! True story, when I use to fish almost every weekend on the ocean i would use bacon grease on my pliers from the galley when the cook is dumping the grease. It works amazing and lasted forever and you know how hard saltwater is on steel and my pliers still open and close freely after over 10 years of salt water exposure. You might be onto something…..