Regulator for Marauder Gen 2 .177

With a regulated 177 Marauder filled to 3000 psi you should be getting at least 70-80+ shots within a 2-4fps spread assuming you are shooting 10.3 or 10.5gr pellets based on your stated fps. This is without using any type of HDD or NBH or similar and no other modifications to the rifle aside from adjusting the HST and TP screw. Something doesn't seem right. You should be even happier once its sorted out.

I'm installing a Altaros regulator in my s510. its coming from Altaros set at 33fp.
​QUESTION IS?
​should I leave the power adjuster on the rifle on full for when I want to shoot at 33 foot pounds

​and as well when I want to shot at 20foot pounds do I have to go in side and adjust the reg for days when I want to shoot at much lower powers for best air consumption. as I want to waist the least amount of air as possible.

"AJ"With a regulated 177 Marauder filled to 3000 psi you should be getting at least 70-80+ shots within a 2-4fps spread assuming you are shooting 10.3 or 10.5gr pellets based on your stated fps. This is without using any type of HDD or NBH or similar and no other modifications to the rifle aside from adjusting the HST and TP screw. Something doesn't seem right. You should be even happier once its sorted out.
I adjusted the transfer port screw all the way out. Is that the correct thing to due with a regulator installed. The FPS was down around 790 when I first tried it after installing the regulator and before adjusting the TP screw. I have not adjusted the HST.

"AJ"Sounds like there is air being wasted. I would not max out the TP screw and focus more on adjusting the HST. Is your regulator set at 1600psi? I think for a 177 if your off the reg at 2000psi it may be set too high.
When I ordered from Altaros they ask what Joule/Foot pounds you are looking for. I told them 21J / 15.5 ft/lbs. With my current setup I'm getting 16 ft/lbs. 835 fps with a 10.34 AA pellet. Do I need to adjust the HST in or out? Stronger or weaker? It seems like I could easy adjust the regulator while it's in place. I would just need to degas and open the air reservoir. Thanks for your help AJ

Somehow I damaged the o-ring when installing the regulator. Actually it's pretty easy to do and I did it two more times with the extra o-rings they sent. I just ordered a pack of 50. I'm bound to get it right eventually.

225bd8d95325a7567569cb8f113ee9c5.jpg

"Wager"At least you found the problem! What do you keep catching the orings on?
You take the gauge out and then insert this into the air tube and watch for the o-ring to show in the gauge port opening. You are then supposed to push down on the o-ring with a blunt object to get it past that hole without damaging the o-ring. It's hard to push in to that point and then it slips past and damages the o-ring. I ordered 100 of them. I'll figure it out eventually. Maybe there is a bur on the metal in the gauge opening? Maybe I'll try a different regulator.

100 o-rings? It would be such a waste if you decide to buy a different regulator other than the Altaros which I assume you are thinking of doing. I would be sure to lube the orings with some diver's grease (not any type of petroleum based lube!) then carefully install and push up though the gauge port while sliding in. Be sure your blunt object tool is not somehow cutting into the oring either.

"TenTen"Other option is put o-ring from first groove to second ( closer to black airchamber ), then you will not have to push o-ring around manometer hole.
Manometer will show you regulated pressure, i like it more this way.
Thats an interesting idea. I may give that a try. It would be nice to be able to have it both ways. I'd like to know regulated pressure to make sure the regulator is working properly, but I would also like to see tank pressure to know when it's about to fall off the regulator. 

Thanks for the idea!