• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Regulator added to FX Royale 500 - Do I have a problem now?

I sent my rifle to AOA to have a regulator added and received it back late Monday evening. As I was putting it in the safe, I pointed the muzzle upwards and I heard something move inside. I then pointed the muzzle downwards and heard the noise again. It isn't very loud and I'm surprised I could even hear it, but I know it didn't make a noise before. I tried it several more times and continue to hear it. Also when I got it on Monday the air gauge showed it was at the 210 bar. This morning, Wednesday, it is just below the 200 bar. I haven't had time to shoot it yet so I don't know how that's going to go.

Anyone have any ideas, back to AOA?

From your description, it is likely that you have no problems. That sound is the hammer. It is normal for all fx guns. Bitfrost had a moment of panic a couple weeks ago. Here is what I told him: http://airgunnation.dev/topic/fx-wildcat-25-sound-in-block/?view=all#post-14473

I can't say why you did not hear it as much before. But it is a sound every fx gun makes when you point the muzzle up or down.

As for the pressure drop....do you live in a warm area? If the gun came from the warm outside (delivery truck) to an air-conditioned home, a 10-20 bar pressure drop is completely normal. Monitor the gun for a couple more days just to be sure.

"Ted"From your description, it is likely that you have no problems. That sound is the hammer. It is normal for all fx guns. Bitfrost had a moment of panic a couple weeks ago. Here is what I told him: http://airgunnation.dev/topic/fx-wildcat-25-sound-in-block/?view=all#post-14473

I can't say why you did not hear it as much before. But it is a sound every fx gun makes when you point the muzzle up or down.

As for the pressure drop....do you live in a warm area? If the gun came from the warm outside (delivery truck) to an air-conditioned home, a 10-20 bar pressure drop is completely normal. Monitor the gun for a couple more days just to be sure.
A person on another forum stated it might be the hammer spring. The pressure drop I wasn't too worried about until I heard the noise. What you said about it going from hot to cold makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

"SRGTO04"I have a Royale 400 in .22 cal and the sound you are hearing is the hammer and spring not under tension. When you cock the rifle it will not be loose, the hammer and spring will be under tension and held back by the sear on the trigger.
Thanks for the reply. I feel much better now after you and Ted told me whats going on.