Tuning Regulating a Flashpup

Hello All

Kentucky Steve here to ask some questions I couldn't find answers to in the search. I am brand new to PCP guns but I have a background in Gunsmithing. I am thinking about putting a regulator in my Flashpup for more consistent shots. The way it looks to me, the regulator will cause a loss in volume in an already small tank. But lowering the pressure per shot will pick up a few shots. Am I in the ball park? Have any of you put a regulator in a flashpup? Is it worth it?

Thanks

Steve

As usual , it depends on your distance target. I shoot my flashpups at 80m in .25 and sure like the near-perfect shot to shot consistency that the regs (Audrius and Altaros) bring. 20 perfect shots, 55j. Your .177 will get more. You will need a 30mm diameter reg in your synthetic. Wood has a different diameter.

The reg eliminates the power curve, so you don't need to mess with holdover etc anymore for accurate shots. It typically matters less for shorter distances. It may also matter less for smaller calibers, depends on the ports in your gun. I opened up mine to 5mm, i.e 80% of the cal. Yours may already be there, suggest measure them. In case they are oversized (more than 80% of .177 cal) the reg may really bring benefits.

For tuning, suggest starting with a low reg set point, e.g. 110 bar and working your way up until you like the power and accuracy. Refer to the threads on tuning (crank up the HST at given reg set points).

Final comment: your gauge will start showing the regulated pressure, not the fill pressure. You will need to look at the gauge of your pump when filling! Put a warning label on the gun, or someone will inadvertently overfill it -- with deeply regrettable results ... 💥

Good luck. This is a nice and very accurate model at a modest price.

🐦

Hello guys, I am new to PCP but not new to shooting but have not shot in a while. Tell me about your barrel. I have a FlashPup and cannot get consistent grouping even after installing the regulator. I recently bought a Hatsan FlashPup in .25 Cal. I am really having a rough time with the accuracy of the rifle. The obvious answer is me but I shoot other guns such as my Diana 34 at the same distance 22 yards(backyard limits) and can get dime sized groups with no problem. The FlashPup on the other hand is all over the place and I am lucky to hold them within 2 inches. I have installed a Huma-Air regulator and it works like a champ. I am tuned to about 820FPS with a JBS Exact King 24.39gr. pellet. For 25 shots I am getting average speed of 819.4, ES between 14 and 16 with a SD of 4.79. Seems like the numbers are pretty consistent to produce smaller groups than I get. I will say that 2 in 10 groups are about 1" CTC but the rest are 2" or better. Energy wise I get an average of 37.86FPE. Besides me where else should I look to get the small groups.

How did you determine you had a barrel problem and did you go straight to Hatsan with for the replacement.

Maybe I just can shoot this particular gun.

Jrusto, I tried different pellets including the the two that did well in every review that I read, the JSB 18.13 and AA 16. I could not get a group under one inch at 30 yards and was expecting half inch groups at that distance. I cleaned and polished the barrel with no improvement so I filled out the support form on HatsanUsa's website. They offered to send a new barrel with a return shipping label for the old one. The new barrel shoots like it's supposed to. My gun was a refurb through HatsanUsa.

Hatsan sent
PXL_20210507_191436088.MP.1621280148.jpg
me a new barrel also. It worked. Can't say enough good things about Hatsan support. 20 shot at 20 yards JSB25.39 at 825.