• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Regulated Crosman?

I would be amazed if Crosman regulated any of its products. Crosman is as Crosman does, and what they do is intro level and cost point guns. As The Donald sez there is a Yooough market there. I am a Gen 1 25 cal. Marauder shooter and it does everything I need it to do. Still the pig is heavy, has a short shot count and is not regulated. That's why I am interested in the FX Streamline. It appears to be everything the Marauder could have been for only twice the price, with the privilege of really stupid expensive magazines. 

Crosman really has the potential to set the stage for PCP's. Having added a regulator, new barrel, and custom tuned to my .22 Marauder it now shoots lights out. I will honestly say it is shooting on par with my .22 Cricket Carbine. I was practicing for a Prairie Dog hunt and was able to hit the "kill zone" 10 shots in a row at 100 yards. I am able to consistantly shoot dime and nickel groups at 50 yrds every day. A better shooter that sorted pellets could do even better! There is a lot of potential for this rifle. Crosman has a great platform and with just a little effort, could produce rifles rivaling it's competitors selling at the $1500 range. I am certain they could repackage the name and look (like the Armada) to appear slightly different and offer this still below the $1000 price range. I hope Crosman is listening! 

"Dan25". . . twice the price, with the privilege of really stupid expensive magazines.

Fun fact: Shapeways could 3D print a one-off in steel for less than FX charges for mass production. In plastic it would just be a couple bucks. My local hackerspace has a metal shop, so I'm thinking about getting a piece of brass and making a whole stack of mags for my Cyclone.

I've often wondered why Crosman does not offer regulated PCPs. 

Given their scale, the incremental costs would be relatively low. I bet they could offer a regulated Marauder for an incremental cost of $75 or less. That seems like a big performance gain for an additional cost that many would gladly pay.

But thus far, this has not happened, so clearly I am missing something.......

I too am interested in the FX Streamline. Seems like an excellent package at a great price.

R

"hasenpfeffer"
"Dan25". . . twice the price, with the privilege of really stupid expensive magazines.

Fun fact: Shapeways could 3D print a one-off in steel for less than FX charges for mass production. In plastic it would just be a couple bucks. My local hackerspace has a metal shop, so I'm thinking about getting a piece of brass and making a whole stack of mags for my Cyclone.

As an individual Im sure you can make as many mags as you want. The rest of us who do not have access to expensive equipment have to pay the price. At least they appear to be durable.

That could be exciting news, looks liking they might be stepping up
now that Hatsan has started offering regulators for their rifles its time for crosman
to up their game and offering regulated rifles would be a excellent step on they're part;
provided they don't charge a arm and leg for it.

Guessing it would be released in the marauder/ armada line?
would make for a great gen 3...

My Huma regulators were just over a $100 so Crosman should be able to have them too for another $100 and have a better barrel like on the .25 Mrod with the Green Mtn. They can easily sell for under $1k with a good barrel and regulated. Now with the SSG out Crosman should incorporate that in it too. A Gen3 Mrod with good barrel, regulated and SSG all for $1k...no one would want to spend more on anything else. That would really force the other makes to come down in price to be competitive.

All Crosman needs to do is just make a shameless copy of the Streamline and sell them at $700, street price, all day long. I like my Marauder. Its a lot of gun for the money but its long past time for Crosman to offer something more. The Bulldog was interesting but look at all the new offerings from the price point competition, Hatsan.
We shall see, but I have been waiting for a bull pup so long I have given up hope.