• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Registration at EBR

The above you mentioned, you shoot 2 cards to qualify and then 1 for the 100 yard match. Why not just shoot 1card to qualify and then the 1 card match? If you shoot 2 or more cards to qualify from different benches, you could shoot 2 or more for the 100 yard match. Take the aggregate overall score and have the actual best shooter at the event at that time. I understand that would take a lot of manpower and more time, but 1 card in 1 relay to determine the top shooter at Extreme BENCHREST, is a stretch calling ANY winner the best shooter at the event. ANYBODY who shoots BENCHREST knows that you WILL make a mistake, some of us more than others 🤨it's just when and where. THAT'S why you shoot multiple cards.
I wish everybody who shoots at the event good luck and have fun.
Thanks... It's always fun. EBR this year will have 3 out of the 4 winners of the last four EBRs shooting, so despite "situations", the competition will be pretty much as tough as always. It's always tough to make the finals, this year at RMAC was tough, and last year at EBR was tough. I don't think there's any doubt that the best shooters won this year's RMAC and last year's EBR...

Reactions: Bigragu
As with everything in life follow the money 🤑
Well, I will say that anyone that thinks AoA is making money from hosting and running EBR is truly misinformed. They go in the hole every year running EBR. Yes, it is good advertising, but there's no additional money in the pocket afterwards from running the competition...

Well, I will say that anyone that thinks AoA is making money from hosting and running EBR is truly misinformed. They go in the hole every year running EBR. Yes, it is good advertising, but there's no additional money in the pocket afterwards from running the competition...
Advertising costs money so they're getting their money's worth. So are all of the teams. I don't begrudge them getting the most out of putting things on like this. If there wasn't these competitions people wouldn't be inspired to strive to make their equipment and themselves the best they can.

Reactions: Centercut
Yes, I think the after-market parts sales/support are high margin, money makers.
Many folks spend as much on making their rig comfortable/cool looking/more accurate than the OEM gun cost - scope not included :) .

Aspiring to be competitive (marketing) generates tremendous accessories sales(y).

Sportsman should forget about these large organized events. We aren't ready for that anyway. We like and want lower key events, just like N50 where there are set classes and rules and occur at ranges all over the USA all year long so more people have access to them and then maybe a "Nationals" type shoot. They can even be low key unsanctioned events. Just need local people to start holding matches, someone needs to take charge at each facility. I feel like that would pacify most of us. Win at Nationals, maybe you get an entry into one of the big stages the following year like other events do. Other than that, keep it pros only on the big stage. Earn your way up there like every other sport. Im super happy shooting N50 and unsanctioned 100yd bench locally. Keeps me plenty engaged and busy enough.
I hope other ranges adopt N50 and hold outlaw 100yd stuff for their people. Grow the sport that way, that gets much more local people in the door. I dont want to shoot bench because of RMAC or EBR, its just something I can put my focus into with airguns instead of just aimless shooting. I like it. Love some fun plinking shoots too which the local ranges should hold as well. Keeps the $$ local and grows the sport locally within each state. Show you can shoot with cheaper guns instead of having to buy whatever the EBR and RMAC winners use.

Hey Folks ..... Did this Guy ever get into EBR or is he a Political casualty?
Was it Political? Really?

What I’d really like to know is what happened when he tried to log in and register? AFAIK, everyone that had early registration still had to log on, sign in, choose your events and pay.
You just got the early registration link - you weren't signed up by just being on the "list". Perhaps it couldn’t be done from Russia?
Then you got an email saying you were registered and for what.
Here’s mine:

Thank you for registering for the 2023 Extreme Benchrest Competition! We look forward to seeing you in October for our 12th Annual Event!
The Extreme Benchrest Team

Was someone supposed to register and pay for him like last year (he was given one of the UA spots that had already signed up and paid for 2022 EBR)?
Did he actually register personally or not?
If not, who was supposed to do it for him and did they?
And if they registered and paid before the early deadline, did AoA reject the application? Confirmation emails would show either case - there’s your proof.
Just because one is on the list doesn’t mean one is “in” as I described above. Action and $$$ are still required.
This is odd, something had to have happened that we're not privy to…?

Hopefully, he's just "in" ..... and the whole thing can be seen as an anomaly:).
Yeah, I'd say that would be a good thing. But when you post videos and IG posts, calling the primary sponsor a liar time and again, in public, it kinda reduces your chances of getting "in", wouldn't you think? :rolleyes:

Was it Political? Really?

What I’d really like to know is what happened when he tried to log in and register? AFAIK, everyone that had early registration still had to log on, sign in, choose your events and pay.
You just got the early registration link - you weren't signed up by just being on the "list". Perhaps it couldn’t be done from Russia?
That is really fun! Didn't you, Mike read my posts, didn't you see my video on the situation? Well, maybe my English is not good enough to explain, I'm sorry about it.
The algorithm of the early registration is the following (as I understand it):
1) The team declares you as a team shooter for early registration
2) AoA approves (or not) the list and participants declared
3) AoA sends the link for the early registration to declared participants
4) Participants passes the early registration
I was not allowed by AOA to be in the early registration list (so I was stopped on step 2), when Utah Airguns declared me as their shooter before the registration started, so nobody sent me the link to register, right? Kate, Adam Boyd and Lex from the list were ok, and me - not (AoA opinion). So I was deprived by Airguns of Arizona from even being in the early list, and that follows from that fact - didn't get any link from AoA to be able to register. See the logic here? How can I get the early registration link for registration if AOA denied me being in the early registration list? It seems pretty easy to understand. When I was declared in the early registration list with the other Utah Airguns shooters, the employee of AoA said *quote*: "I am being told the range officials were not too happy about Nikolay being there during the current climate so I cannot guarantee him a spot".
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-02 at 20.27.20.jpeg
So that is why I didn't get the link for early registration. I hope that now it is clear and questions "why didn't Nikolai pass the early registration?" is closed.
Here is the detailed explanation of the situation I didn't post on AGN yet, maybe in that way it will be more clear.

I understand your point of view on all this. Something still doesn’t make sense to me because I’m pretty slow as I’m only a Nuclear Engineer. It’s water under the bridge now. Best wishes for the PAC.
Mike
In my experience, AoA sends the link to the activities and Teams that are authorized early registration. Point 3 on the “algorithm” may or may not be correct - in my case AoA did NOT send the link to my Team, only to me. Then the activity or Team sends the link to its approved shooters. I know this because AoA sent me the link and I forwarded that link to my approved shooters. I’m not sure what method had been worked out with UA. At any time UA could have forwarded the link to you, if that’s the way things were set up and you were on their list. I think UA probably forwarded the link to some of their other shooters you mention, but I don’t know and am not in the loop. Sorry.

Last edited:
(95% or more of the shooters in Pro Class aren't really Pros...). Maybe 5 or 6 total that earn a living shooting an airgun. ;)

Mike, the term pro is widely misunderstood by most. The classification, as used in this regard, refers to industry professionals. These are people who are either associated with or work within the industry. This can mean media people (like me), machinists that work for air gun manufacturers, technicians, designers etc. They're all classified as pros.
I don't know a single guy who makes his living exclusively by going from competition to competition and shooting. I wouldn't mind having that job though! ....Lol

Mike, the term pro is widely misunderstood by most. The classification, as used in this regard, refers to industry professionals. These are people who are either associated with or work within the industry. This can mean media people (like me), machinists that work for air gun manufacturers, technicians, designers etc. They're all classified as pros.
I don't know a single guy who makes his living exclusively by going from competition to competition and shooting. I wouldn't mind having that job though! ....Lol

As of this point in time in the Airgun competition arena, the term “PRO” is nothing more than a checkbox on an entry form. And the participant is the one that gets to decide whether to check it, which pretty much makes it meaningless. PAC, USARB and N50 should all be commended for not following this trend of separation at their events.

Yes, N50 has a class called pro. But it’s not the same type of differentiation. That’s just the name of a class that uses a certain set of rules. The post was about separating people in the same class that are using the same rules and same equipment into “pro” or “not pro” based on the participants personal choice and nothing else.