• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

REGAL HUNTSMAN .22 CAL RATTLES??? ARE THEY NORMAL???

I posted this question over on the Daystate Owners Forum soon after I got my Regal:

"Good day. Just recieved my 22 Regal and love the look and feel. When I first picked it up I noticed the front portion of the stock shifts/rattles/wobbles about an 1/8" or so. It's not rock solid, dead quiet - almost like the stock is loose. A brief web search says I'm not alone and that it will give a bit as the barrel free floats. Is this really the case or should I send it back (Airguns of Arizona, US) and have it replaced? 
Thanks"

And the reply...

"They really were designed to free float. No one is trying to palm you off. The Idea is that the barrel will not be influenced in any way by expansion or other movements in any part of the rifle. I owned Huntsman and Mk4 rifles, all with this feature. Some moved more than others, some "knocked" when they moved, which was a bit disconcerting. Save the shipping to AoA. Welcome to the Club."