Reg creep

My 25 caliber P35 did just what you describe when I got it. I followed the guidance I got here or on GTA and tried adjusting the hammer spring setting to be appropriate for the regulator setting and it eliminated the "first shot low". In my case, the hammer spring was low for the regulator setting. It seems like yours may be high. If you turn the hammer spring down, does the velocity decrease? If the answer is no, try turning it down until velocity does decrease. Some suggest having the hammer spring just below the point at which velocity is highest for that regulator setting but I like to try going both up and down a little from this point and checking accuracy. My Avenger really likes having about 1/4 turn more hammer spring than the minimum to get the highest velocity. It is more accurate this way. But the main point is having the hammer spring setting be inappropriate for the regulator setting can cause the regulator to start messing up. I don't really understand exactly why but have seen it happen. Whenever the regulator is moved, the hammer spring should move too. They need to be balanced with each other for the gun to perform it's best.

Nice looking gun, by the way.

Reactions: Kamanthi-
Hello.
I think the problem is with the regulator. My Dreamlite .22 regulator reg guage was consistent arnd 150 before i had to open the gun to get it down to 125 bar. As i have the plenum installed, so can't be adjusted externally.
I opened the entire regulator to clean minimal dust and got it adjusted to 125 after two or three attempts. BUT, it now shows 125 bar, however as I fire it goes down to 120 and stays there till I stop firing. However, once there is a gap of over six to eight minutes, it again goes back to 125. Can't say about the hammer spring tension ...... as it has been same in my case.

Regards

however as I fire it goes down to 120 and stays there till I stop firing. However, once there is a gap of over six to eight minutes, it again goes back to 125.
Agreed, that is an example of regulator creep. Not a bad one, only about 4% so should be easily rendered inconsequential with proper hammer spring adjustment.

Meanwhile the OP has unequivocally clarified that his is not creeping.

My 25 caliber P35 did just what you describe when I got it. I followed the guidance I got here or on GTA and tried adjusting the hammer spring setting to be appropriate for the regulator setting and it eliminated the "first shot low". In my case, the hammer spring was low for the regulator setting. It seems like yours may be high. If you turn the hammer spring down, does the velocity decrease? If the answer is no, try turning it down until velocity does decrease. Some suggest having the hammer spring just below the point at which velocity is highest for that regulator setting but I like to try going both up and down a little from this point and checking accuracy. My Avenger really likes having about 1/4 turn more hammer spring than the minimum to get the highest velocity. It is more accurate this way. But the main point is having the hammer spring setting be inappropriate for the regulator setting can cause the regulator to start messing up. I don't really understand exactly why but have seen it happen. Whenever the regulator is moved, the hammer spring should move too. They need to be balanced with each other for the gun to perform it's best.

Nice looking gun, by the way.
Thanks mate will try and lower the hammer spring next time I go to range

Agreed, that is an example of regulator creep. Not a bad one, only about 4% so should be easily rendered inconsequential with proper hammer spring adjustment.

Meanwhile the OP has unequivocally clarified that his is not creeping.
Thanks for the input. Even I have left it at that only. Don't want to open up the rifle again.

Regards