reg. and HST tuning?

Currently under regulated it is ~850fps once it hits about 140bars (on gun mano) speeds increase to about 870fps for about 7-8 shots then drops down about 850fps again for a few shots then below. This seems to be the case if I set HST to 770fps or 800fps or 830fps speeds always jumps about 20-30fps once off regulator for about 8shots then back to regulated speed for a few shots then below regulated speed.

So the question I have is this normal? or is HST needs to increase or is the regulator (factory setting) just a little too high....For some reason I'm remembering that if tune well off reg pressure it just drop below reg speeds and not increase, or am I remembering wrong??

In my opinion you are tuned "correctly". You could always just bump up the HST just a bit more and you will drop FPS as it comes off the reg. You will get slightly more FPE. but your shot count will suffer. By tuning to about 2% below max velocity (at the current reg setting) you will expend your shot count to keep a few more shots w/i a 2% spread.

Veteran .25 Shorty, original post is all with benji domes

I have been listening to it and set it so as to not hear wasted air...I think I got it at about 830fps with 27.8g benji domes

At full power HST it'll flings the benjis at 890fps can hear wasted air, off the reg it just drops pretty quickly
At 850fps still hear a little wasted air goes up about 10fps off the reg for a few shots then back down
at 830fps sounds good, 800fps and is pretty quiet same with 770fps