Reflections

I’m having trouble picking up reflections of myself and what’s behind me when using the tactacam 5.0. This results in a shadow of the reflective image over top of what is coming thru the rifle scope. Seems like there is a need to block or seal the ocular area . The side shot system uses a eye cup which might be why I haven’t noticed it using the side shot go pro. The tactacam is so much easier to use.
Any one else noticing this?
if you link the tactacam to your phone and use your phone and don’t put your eye next to the ocular the light coming into the ocular absolutely wipes out the image from the rifle scope. 
one solution I guess might be to use the I phone as a sighting devise and block off the back end of the rifle scope completely. I’d like to avoid that. 

I too have noticed this. It is caused because light enters from both the scope end and the eyepiece end and is worst when there is strong light behind you. It usually doesn't affect videos when you are shooting because your eye blocks most of the light from entering the eye piece. I notice it most when doing voice over for a scope review because I do my talking with my head away from the scope.

It also occur in scopes without the tactacam and is why many shooters use a rubber eyecup to block out light entering from the rear and sides causing glare.

I’ve been doing some research and it appears the problem occurs when the gun is aimed downward resulting in the ocular being pointed more skyward. I would think the brighter the sun the more of a problem. I was shooting with the sun directly behind and above me. In those situations might have to sight remotely to get the best image. Nothing’s perfect 

A little more information. First join the Tactacam face book group lots of helpful information

Also my reflection problem with the leupold scope being the worst is because there is a very long eye relief especially in low power settings That means there is a large space between your face and the ocular area allowing light and reflections to be introduced. I fabricated a eye cup which doesn’t look that great but hopefully will solve the problem. 
1594493715_15530372085f0a0b13ed6d61.58831366.jpeg