• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Refilling during meet?

That you unless refilling in a safe manner. Gun pointed in a safe direction. Or addressing your lane, the gun must be covered if in a cradle, or in a hard or soft cased otherwise. It's for everyone's safety that guns be kept under cover.

Huh? Is this a head in the sand kind of thing? Like if I can't see it than there's not really a gun under that gun shaped towel?

Please explain how everyone is safer when a gun is under a cover than when it is not?

Huh? Is this a head in the sand kind of thing? Like if I can't see it than there's not really a gun under that gun shaped towel?

Please explain how everyone is safer when a gun is under a cover than when it is not?
Corrected. Thanks.

If someone leaves a round in the chamber and the gun cocked, which does happen, keeping the trigger out of reach to prevent an accidental discharge is why. It also, in an unintentional manner keeps others from handling your gear.

For me, it keeps the gun at a steady temperature, regardless of hot or cold which helps avoid wild shifts.

Last edited:

yes I'm sure no one has left it loaded and put a hole in the case or cover 🤣 but I have never shot competition and rules are rules.. myself common sense would be the gun not loaded, possibly breach open but definitely pointing in a safe direction..
I've seen some where they put some type of flag in the chamber area so it is visible unloaded from a distance..
Mark

yes I'm sure no one has left it loaded and put a hole in the case or cover 🤣 but I have never shot competition and rules are rules.. myself common sense would be the gun not loaded, possibly breach open but definitely pointing in a safe direction..
I've seen some where they put some type of flag in the chamber area so it is visible unloaded from a distance..
Mark
had a friend who went hunting alone with his dog and shotgun.. I guess the dog was in the back of the truck and apparently the shotgun was loaded and cocked and unfortunately it was determined that the dog somehow triggered the gun and it got him in the thigh and he was way out in the woods.. fortunately he had let others know where he was going and when he was found, he apparently bled out..
people don't realize how much important safety is!!
saw another picture of a guy working on a PCP that was fully charged and decided to remove the valve block.. valve almost went through his thigh, was actually bulging out the other side.. rifle was stuck in the ceiling and fortunately he had a friend right there with medical experience and got a tourniquet on and paramedic right away.. and he turned out fine..
everyone really needs to be very careful and practice safety, because you sometimes only have one chance..
Mark

Corrected. Thanks.

If someone leaves a round in the chamber and the gun cocked, which does happen, keeping the trigger out of reach to prevent an accidental discharge is why. It also, in an unintentional manner keeps others from handling your gear.

For me, it keeps the gun at a steady temperature, regardless of hot or cold which helps avoid wild shifts.
although isn't it possible if left loaded and cocked, isn't there a chance that it could get triggered by the case lining or possibly if dropped.. honestly it sounds kind of scary for that to happen with a lot of people around.. more potential for a accident..
would be great if there was someone at each station to watch so two people are reasonably sure it's not cocked and loaded.. because I understand that there's bound to be accidents, if only just accidently leaving it cocked thinking about another shot and then end up moving..
just my thoughts..
Mark