Refilling Advice?

Hello! I own a few quality springs and am looking to buy my first PCP rifle. I am considering a mid-size carbon fiber air tank (~70 cu ft) like the Omega or Tiger Shark. Does this seem like a good option? A hand pump is out of the question for me, and I like the idea of the portability and ease of use of an air tank. Any downsides that I am not taking into consideration? I appreciate your help!

I have a Yong Heng compressor and a used, expired, 45 minute SCBA tank. The tank was only about $100 on ebay. The fill set was about $150 (cheap one didn't work). Yong Heng was about $300 but needed an additional air filter and I added a radiator and a couple fans. So more like $400 all up. But still that is about $650 which you can spend on a new tank. There has been lots of discussion on expired tanks and some won't touch them but after reading the Navy's report I am quite confident my life is not at risk.

The other sensible way to go IMHO is a portable compressor. It could be the cheapest but I don't think I'd like to wait for the little compressor to fill my guns.
A new tank could work but I would be sure I had a place to get it filled it I wanted to go that way. I like filling my guns from my tank but I also like being able to refill my tank myself.

Reactions: anonymous_.457
Just read Bradair's thread on Dive Shop experience, 30-mile trip, $25 charge and shop rules/regulations. Considering a similar program, I'd visit the facility for tank requirements/recommendations, then using Airguns of Arizona's website air tank calculator, and my chosen PCP, I'd formulate the most cost-efficient SCBA tank size. WM

Reactions: anonymous_.457