Tuning RedWolf hp / Heliboard

You don’t need the extra switch to set the gun up. I shoot my gun almost every day and I don’t ever disconnect the battery to turn it off. You just turn it off and on at the safety switch like a normal RW. I make changes to power levels and have reprogrammed power levels and never needed to use the small switch You have something wired incorrectly. 

No you don’t have to disconnect anything. When the side lever is open yes the gun momentarily turns off but you won’t even notice this if you are shooting. Even if you are speeding through a magazine as fast as you can. It just doesn’t make any difference.

The small extra switch is to make a feature that is unique to the Heliboard available. This feature allows you to take a test shot when adjusting your pulse width to see your velocity. The switch keeps the gun on when you open the side lever preventing it from turning off before you have finished shooting and adjusting. Considering the Heliboard come with 12 power levels most people probably will never need this switch. 99% of the boards functionality is available without it. 

Well that’s what I’m getting at either the “micro switch” ( which appears to be eliminated from the heliboard ) or the actuator for that switch is disconnected or removed? On a stock RW these two components are interconnected the rod that actuates the micro switch is the same for the open bolt handle and the safety that way you cannot fire the gun with bolt handle open or safety is on?

The Heliboard is the same. You can’t fire the gun with the bolt open or the safety on. Just like the stock board. I wouldn’t use this board if it didn’t operate this way and Jack I’m sure wouldn’t sell it to RedWolf owners. 
I have once after charging the battery shut the battery flap and turned the small override switch on accidentally Of course then the gun will stay turned on regardless. It’s not a perfect solution and you just have to take some care positioning the small switch before closing the flap. 
This is I think what has happened to Lewis. 

The Heliboard is the same. You can’t fire the gun with the bolt open or the safety on. Just like the stock board. I wouldn’t use this board if it didn’t operate this way and Jack I’m sure wouldn’t sell it to RedWolf owners. 
I have once after charging the battery shut the battery flap and turned the small override switch on accidentally Of course then the gun will stay turned on regardless. It’s not a perfect solution and you just have to take some care positioning the small switch before closing the flap. 
This is I think what has happened to Lewis.

This sounds exactly like my issue. The gun does not turn off either with the safety switch or the bolt held open. The problem is that all of this is without the small bypass switch even installed. After reading this I just installed the microswitch and as soon as I connected the battery the wiring burned up at the microswitch inline junction. I reassembled without the switch and thankfully nothing has changed. I still can't turn off anything other than pulling the battery leads.

Any ideas?

I also just emailed Jan to see if I am missing anything?

All sorted and working perfectly!

I now get 35 full power shots at 905 FPS with the JSB 33.95's!

The ES is inside of 10 fps across this entire string. The fall off is predictable, smooth and gradual thereafter. A tuner's dream! 12 programs will allow a separate high medium and low setting for 3 different pellets and still have 3 leftover for experimentation.

hi all , I have just installed this helliboard into my .25 redwolf and have found that when the safety catch is either on or off the gun still fires, the bolt is open or closed, the gun still fires, this cannot be normal for operation of this board can it? I have a small switch that came with the board and I understand fits to the board and acts as a override so the gun can fire under test conditions but I have tried connecting this to the helliboard but the gun still fires whether this little switch is on or off or the safety catch is either on or off or the bolt is on or off, what the hell am I doing wrong?

1587415353_13634261775e9e0939bb94b9.23209517.jpg

I put a heliboard in my Airwolf extreme last year and it was the best move ever. the day's date programmer is kind of a pain to use in the Heliboard is all right in the gun and works like a dream my shot count went through the roof. And I can achieve much higher velocity then my stock board was capable of. I don't know why all day state MCT type rifles don't just come set up with a heliboard. I am really anxious to see how it works in your red wolf

I have the MCT version of the heliboard. But in this link there is the manual. Also they mention in the thread that the extra switch can fit more than one slot on the board, and one of the two slots is not used: "The only part that can be confusing is the extra switch. The one I received had a terminal on it which fit one of the plugs that is no longer used in the new installation. The switch interrupts one of the other pairs of connections"

View attachment 1571648916_12813686425dad75947c3d09.45378799_Pulsar user manual v1_DRAFT1 (Automatisch opgesla...pdf

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/daystate-greek-made-helliboard-is-still-avaliable/page/2/

All sorted now , there is a little red jumper cable on the 5 pin connector that jack just told me to remove and now the guns safety all works fine and turns the gun on and off , this board is slighty different in construction than the older pulsar / mct airwolf boards so i think the guy making it needs to update the instructions because nowhere in the manuel did i see anything telling me to remove jumper cable , anyway i will start chronoing so shot strings to see what pellet/slugs work well 

Right then ! Managed to get out and briefly chrono my .25 redwolf HP fitted with this board and using 25.39 g jsb kings , at the moment settings 10,11,12 start off at aprox 1000fps and tail off to 950/960 fps after 20 shots, but settings 7,8,9 provide all very similar velocitys ( 960; 990,990 fps) but with a larger shot count ....and then i ran out of air ! I cant go anyplace to get my large cylinder filled because of the covid 19 so everything will be on hold , i cant wait to program the heliboard and fine tune the settings as i believe i will be able to get that combination of a high velocity ,consistancy and higher shot count 

Hello , i am still awaiting delivery of a compressor so i can fill my redwolf up to a full fill of 250bar before i can begin testing but i did manage to shoot a few strings at pwr setting 5 and was getting a 4 fps standard dev on a 20 shot string with jsb 25.39 grain jsb kings at a adverage muzzle velocity of 920fps , the reason i selected power setting five was because its the nearest setting i got to the factory high power setting on the redwolf( i needed to go hunt and needed to know what my pellet was doing ) once i get my compressor im going to see what the helliboard can do 

Alright, idiot looking for help here please 🙏🏻

So I got my red wolf heliboard and had my CT technician uncle help me install it, only to find a similar problem with the on board safety not working and the gun remaining on permanently unless using the heliboard switch, despite following the instructions to a tee. 

Anyways turns out that we've somehow managed to entirely disconnect all three of the tiny little wires of the safety 🐒🐒🐒

Could anyone please post a pic of the order the little wires connect to the terminals? All the pics of the gun with the heliboard are from the opposite side or with the board in already.

Thanks very much 

Greg 

1597602245_18114125695f3979c59e80e3.38033206.jpeg
1597602246_1704888155f3979c6c268b0.54393040.jpeg

download.png
1597669672_1987888185f3a81284d9aa5.65256396.jpg

Hello .

Could you post another pic of the board removed from the rifle so i can see a bit better then i will be able to help you.

Thanks.

Paul

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

Managed to get the switch/safety fixed up thankfully. Found the youtube video of the pulsar heliboard installation and paused it as he takes off the OEM board and you can see the order of the wiring. I then rewired according to that - that's all functioning well now.

Next problem that's reared it's head is that my capacitor voltage can seemingly only be set from 81-94v? In the manual/instructions it mentions not to set the capacitors above 73v unless you want them to die an early death.

I have a gen1 standard power (35fpe factory) 0.22 gun with the original 2cell/7.4v battery. The board defaults to 90v and P1 at this level is approximately 24fpe. If I drop to the minimum of 81v P1 is about 16fpe.

Any ideas? Are there versions of the board with higher capacitor voltages eg for GCU2? I don't recall reading anything about that and I suspect an issue before differing boards. I'll email the maker as well but figure it can't hurt to ask far and wide.

Hello again .

Right , when i ordered my helliboard i sent jack a picture of my OEM board in my redwolf and he installed capacitors of a certain rating and told me not to run it above 90v , my redwolf has the gen 2 OEM board with a 12 volt 3 cell battery and i believe the hardened hammer.

If i am right , you should not run a gen 1 redwolf to hard as the hammer can become peened and leave bits of metal around the electronics which aint a good idea.

I would send jack a email asking for the most up to date advice on what to run YOUR redwolf to be on the safe side as he may of fitted capcitors that are of to higher a rating for your gun.

Any other questions feel free to ask mate .

Thanks 

Paul