Tuning RedWolf hp / Heliboard

It’s now available so thought it will need a tread of its own. I have one installed in my .22 hp as of 2 days ago so still working things out. So what does this mean for RedWolf owners. 

1 You no longer need the expensive Daystate programmer. 

2 You will have 12 full programable power settings. 

3 There are 20 pressure reference points instead of the 3 on the factory board. 

4 A lot more info available on the screen and other adjustments available

That’s not everything just a few main points. I’m not certain of power potential but shooting the Redesigned Monsters on power setting 12 gave me 980fps. 55ft.Lb That’s just as it came so it could well be capable of more. 

There are a couple of small idiosyncrasies to make the board work in the RedWolf.

1 You loose the electronic shot count. 

2 The gun no longer turns itself off. If you forget to turn it off you’ll flatten and possibly damage your battery. 

3 The board has a feature that enables you to take a test shot when tuning settings. This feature is still available but if you want it you need a small switch that fits in the battery compartment. It stops the gun turning off when the cocking lever is back. 

None of these are big issues for me but people need to know. 

I’m now shooting the Redesigned Monsters on setting 10 and getting 925fps. This is just a bit quicker than the old high setting and I think has give me an accuracy improvement. More tweaking to come! 

Michael
1565054732_12839916215d48d70c1013b4.13115714_BAD4155B-D064-463D-98C4-732F0FEE98FD.jpeg
1565054732_20184483665d48d70cce3931.93284999_9486731E-1FEE-4FF7-8024-3B2C6540482F.jpeg

Reactions: Smitty911
I got the heliboard and installed it today. the only issue so far is the safety switch doesn't do anything. To turn it off I have to unplug the battery.

You might have something wired incorrectly. It should definitely turn off when you use the safety switch to turn it off. What it won’t do is turn itself off after a period of time like the stock board does. So if you forget to turn it off you’ll end up with a flat battery. 
It should also turn off when you open the side lever fully.

The small switch he provides (if you ordered it) has nothing to do with turning the gun off in normal day to day use. It’s for testing velocity within the program mode and most people probably won’t use it at all.

Reactions: Smitty911
Hi AirS I think we are talking on cross purposes here, I was talking about the extra switch not being fitted, I of course fitted the extra switch to set the gun up, but once the set up is finished I simply turn the gun ON/OFF via the battery, I have no need to change settings etc. once the gun has been set up and I find the extra switch in the stock to be annoying TBH.