• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RedWolf gets an upgrade.

Just picked up a new in box NX8 for the RW. I looked through the display model at my local AGS and was very pleased with the clarity, reticle and turrets.
Picked up some SportMatch adjustable rings while there, as I really like SportsMatch mounts. This way I can zero my POI at optical zero, or certainly very close to OZ.
C624 for 2050$ out the door.

image.jpg

I missed the last zero on your post and thought for 200??ima get 2 and go in debt....then I reread it and bout fainted😵‍💫🤣
Well I have been saving up for a nice riflescope. I feel like I saved some $ too, since I was looking at a March FX (@3410$). I’ve never had the opportunity to look through the March FX, wide angle scope that I dreamt about (LOL), but have seen some video content on YT by EdGun and the clarity and reticle look great to my eyes. So I would have purchased one if this NX8 were not new in sealed box and in front of me for face to face purchase at my local AGS (who treats me well). I liked the reticle, clarity and power, as well as the weight of the store demo model, so I popped. It was also nice to support a local (to me) company, NightForce 😉

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Well I have been saving up for a nice riflescope. I feel like I saved some $ too, since I was looking at a March FX (@3410$). I’ve never had the opportunity to look through the March FX, wide angle scope that I dreamt about (LOL), but have seen some video content on YT by EdGun and the clarity and reticle look great to my eyes. So I would have purchased one if this NX8 were not new in sealed box and in front of me for face to face purchase at my local AGS (who treats me well). I liked the reticle, clarity and power, as well as the weight of the store demo model, so I popped. It was also nice to support a local (to me) company, NightForce 😉
That's awesome!🤗

Fingers crossed 🤞
Just finished zeroing the 30mm level to the crosshairs. It whooped my butt, as I didn’t think I would ever get the windage plumb with the bubble centered when the screws were snugged up. About an hour later it finally happened.

Tomorrow I will mount the rings and scope to the RW.
You will love the scope, and it will compliment the Wolf nicely.

Why is EVERYTHING new...an "upgrade" ??

As in this case...JUST a new set of scope rings ! Not like they are made of platinum or 6-4 Titanium.

Mike
I didn’t mean to offend.
I should have said in my first post that the NX8/SportsMatch rings are an upgrade over the Titan/Vector Optics rings that I originally purchased, mounted, then removed from the RW.

I was trying to improve the reticle (looks better to my old eyes), while enjoying made in Japan/assembled in Idaho quality that is found in the NF NX8!

I couldn’t stand the tactical appearance of the caps with 6 screws, that the VO rings had. An English built airgun deserves English built rings. PLUS I like them, always have.

I’m happy with MY upgrade.

Let’s see your platinum or 6-4 titanium rings on your ill fitting Ghost

Last edited:
Reactions: Peskådot671
I own the same scope and love it. It definitely helps compensate for old eyes. I am able to easily see the impacts from my .17 at 100 yards. Money well spent. On the plus side, these scopes hold their value, should you ever decide to sell. Another plus is that they are not the size of the Hubble telescope!