• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Redwolf Barrel Threads?

Some of the Red Wolf rifles (maybe most) were made with screw-on air strippers. I believe those threads were 1/2X20 also. My RW had accuracy problems, and AOA replaced the barrel with one that is not threaded. The air stripper slides on and is attached with a grub screw. Actually, it is not designed as an air stripper, it is simply an attachment that centers the shroud at the muzzle.

I apologize for any confusion. I am looking for the thread size and pitch on the barrel itself. Not the twist rate of the barrel. It would be the last 1/2 inch or so of the exterior of the barrel that the stripper threads onto. It is not 1/2-20 UNF it is a little larger. Some do not have this thread as elh0102 correctly pointed out. Both of mine do have the threads and are accurate. I would like to use the threads and carbon tubing to create a tensioned barrel.

True, it is NOT 1/2-20 or M14x1.25. I don’t have a thread gauge….
It is hard tensioning that barrel since it needs to be tensioned against the breech block and not the fitting that the shroud attaches to like some of the so called “kits” that can be purchased for way too much money. 19mm OD 2mm thick CF is a good size for that.

Lewis, sorry for the incorrect information on the thread size. I no longer have that barrel, so I was going by memory, and I think I confused it with several others that are 1/2-20. Good luck with your project, although I think you may find that it's not worth the challenge. My RW shoots so good, I would be reluctant to tinker with it.

Found it!
It is metric 14mm x 1 pitch.
IMG_5856.JPG
IMG_5852.JPG

Now onto the next search. Does anyone make a mod with 14x1 or an adapter to 1/2x20?

You can always have that thread turned down to 1/2 inch unf there is room for it I know its been done.
I considered that but it is so accurate currently I wouldn't want to do anything permanent. This is just an experiment. If it works, great if not, no harm no foul, back to the current configuration.

Reactions: aussiegav