Daystate Redwolf .22HP - When they are all flyers????

Ok, I haven't been shooting as much as I should and recently starting shooting again. Setup a target at 25 yards - laser verified from end of barrel to target.
Equipment used:
LabRadar
Laser Range Finder
Cadwell Shooting Table
Rifle:
Redwolf .22HP Polished Barrel, Hardened Parts for Gen2, Heliboard 11 volt, Bi-Pod, Rear Sand Bag
Pellets:
JSB Redesigned 25ish grain

Refill to 3,500 PSI - Power Level 12-5 shots, Power Level 11-5 Shots, Power Level 10-5 Shots, Power Level 9-5 Shots.
Refill to 3,500 PSI- Power Level 8-5 shots, Power Level 7- 5 Shots, Power Level 6-5 shots, Power Level 5-5 Shots
Refill to 3,500 PSI- Power Level 4-5 Shots, Power Level 3-5 Shots, Power Level 2-5 Shots, Power Level 1-5 Shots

Now granted I'm not a world class shooter, but 25 yards is nothing. I did learn the basics in Marine Corps Boot Camp and my 30-06 is sub-MOA, best I've done with her is 5 shots at 200 yards under 0.75".
Center to Center Measurements with Calipers

Power Level 12 - 1.320 X 0.644
Power Level 11 - 1.475 X 0.400
Power Level 10 - 0.981 X 1.229
Power Level 9 - 1.595 X 0.798
Power Level 8 - 1.303 X 0.964
Power Level 7 - 1.738 X 0.807
Power Level 6 - 0.904 X 0.588
Power Level 5 - 1.072 X 1.671
Power Level 4 - 0.672 X 1.450
Power Level 3 - 1.728 X 1.124
Power Level 2 - 0.208 X 1.540
Power Level 1 - 0.688 X 1.064

I then removed the moderator to see if it was any clipping going on. Visual inspection of the moderator, not taken apart, none noticed. 5 shots at Power Level 6, 7 and 8. No improvement.
I than refilled to 3,500 and shot 66 shots with the Moderator at the green target, WHAT A MESSSSSS.

Suggestions?

I had recharged the Battery Last month, so I guess I'll recharge the battery, clean the barrel and run it again.

Smitty

Power Levels 12 - 1.jpg

Range 25 Yards.jpg

66 shots.jpg

Power Level 2.jpg

Who polished the barrel and how far did they go?
Magazine load or single shot tray?
Battery voltage?
What "hardened parts"?

Either the solenoid is draging, the barrel is worn or dirty, or something else.

Mine would shoot pellets from 15 grain up to slugs of 40 grains. Had the V2 heliboard and didn't have any issues with a single hole at 50 yards, and a little clover leaf at 100 yards. Gun was stupid accurate and just dead to shoot. Little to no movement.

Another thought....what scope are you using and is everything tight? You have another scope to verify against or try the scope on another rifle.

Woogie_man,

I "polished" the bore with JB paste and bore mops, I don't have a bore scope so before and after are hard to determine. 4 stages - first 1/4, than second 1/2, followed by 3/4 and finally full length, not allowing the mop to exit the bore.

Magazine loaded - 10 round, shot 5, adjust power level.

Battery - 11.1 volt unit, charged up last month.

All the parts to change it from a Gen 1 to a Gen 2, completed at AoA.

Scope - 5x25 Emerald Aztec - I have another one on my Ghost I could swap with, but it seemed to be tight.

Pellets were taken straight from the tin, no cleaning or lubricant.

I'll clean the barrel next week when I'm off work to make sure that isn't an issue, charge the battery and check the scope.

After that, I have no clue.

I know the Monster drink doesn't help but I'm not that Shakey. :)

Smitty

Should be a lot better than that I just did the same to my redwolf went from 7.4 to 11.1 heliboard found mine likes the at about 920 ish
It shot much tighter than that with the GEN 1 board, but was running the redesigned way to slow 880ish if I recall. It did love the 18 grain on medium power.

Smitty

Reactions: Bud-sc
Something is amiss. @25 yards you should be shooting one ragged hole. What speed are the pellets going? I question the Monster juice too.
That's what I thought one hole, slightly ragged I could live - 8 MOA is just off.

I'm sure it's something "simple" it used to shot much tighter.

Monsters make the world go 'round. :)

Smitty

I thought all the heli boards are preprogrammed mine is on power level 7 shooting 25 gr but I did take the poppet stem down to get some breathing out of it
All 12 power settings are programmed, I rolled thought each of them to see which one was tightest to start. After finding the one that is closest, I could further refine it for the various PSI in the tank.

Power Level 12 was pushing them around 980ish. I was hoping to get all 5 shots at each Power Level setting but that didn't happen.

Smitty

Has anything changed in your set up equipment ? Is the bench wobbly?
At 25x I can hold the reticle dot on the 1/4" spot, and the trigger on the Redwolf you won't barely feel, so I'm not jerking the trigger. Bench is new and doesn't wobble, although a nice cinder block one would be nice. I'll do that once I have a 100 yards to work with.

Smitty

Look through the scope, while on the green bench and do NOT touch the rifle or bench. Next lightly lay your right forearm on the bench while watching the crosshairs and I bet you see them move. Even though you think you are holding steady it only takes a couple ounces of pressure change in your set up for the cross hairs to move. Even your chest against the bench you can see your heartbeat in the cross hairs…. If you are attuned to seeing it?

Well, me and Labradar have issues, it doesn't seem to record every shot, out of the 60+ shots for the Power Level shots, only 22 were recorded. Out of the 66 rounds at Power Level 8 only 29 were recorded. So SD is off, and total count is off.
Make a recoil trigger and you will never miss a shot, well maybe if you have a heavy gun and are getting down to 12 ft/lb. You could map out the radar beam using SNR and make a device to aim perfectly accurately that always works and aligns perfectly on the unit all the time. I did that and have never had one problem since. Once that is taken care of, you can then just use the doppler trigger to trigger every shot, aiming a labradar is super critical. Literally a 1.5 foot error of true center of beam at 110 yards on my range drops SNR on initial pickup of 22 projectiles from 40+ to just over 30(I have a range with lots of radar noise scatter and yours likely does too with a wall of trees that close). At your range with the thick woods just 50 yards downrange, try setting the labradar on the low power setting, get it aimed correct and see if your SNR improves. With the low power setting you will usually get a better signal to noise ratio at shorter ranges with a background so close to scatter a lot of radar noise back, as long as you are aimed accurately every time.