Redwolf .22 HP appx factory fps settings for 25.4 mrds?

@Lewis had some information for me, on that particular pellet, a couple weeks ago while we were visiting on the phone. I think there were two speed ranges where the accuracy was supposed to really shine.

Unfortunately, that info has already left my short term memory, which means I am no help to you, and I am going to need to call Lewis again LOL.

I would bet he, or others, who have shot those MRDs will be along shortly.

Reactions: Aimright
I think it going to depend on what board you have in your Red Wolf. I was told by Shane at AOA to put it on Med and it would be good for 930ish IIRC. I have a gen 1 board and it would only do 850ish IIRC. On high it would be slightly less than 900 IIRC. I Gen 2 board on Med I've heard would get you to 920-930ish and on high possibly too fast.
I have a Heliboard ready to install just haven't gotten to it yet and I've had the internals upgraded to the Gen 2 harder parts.

Smitty

I think it going to depend on what board you have in your Red Wolf. I was told by Shane at AOA to put it on Med and it would be good for 930ish IIRC. I have a gen 1 board and it would only do 850ish IIRC. On high it would be slightly less than 900 IIRC. I Gen 2 board on Med I've heard would get you to 920-930ish and on high possibly too fast.
I have a Heliboard ready to install just haven't gotten to it yet and I've had the internals upgraded to the Gen 2 harder parts.

Smitty
Thanks, just picked up a used hp with the gen2 board from AoA, as far as I know it’s the original board, rifle about 1.5 years old based on looking at the bottle dates. Hope to find time to chrono it later this afternoon and wanted to see if the numbers are still at factory settings or if it had been reprogrammed with its previous owner.

Looking to see if anyone knows what approximate FPS the Redwolf HP .22 spits out the 25.4 MRDs at the factory settings (L, M, & H). Also would appreciate any wisdom on a favored fps range for the same pellet for 100 yard accuracy from this rifle. Thanks.
Every barrel and combination can be different, but the most often reported MOA or better groups with the MRDs seem to be centered around 850 and again at 970. Anecdotally, this has been the case in several guns for me as well with the exception being my RAW HM1000x which loves them at 910, go figure.

Reactions: Stone02
Aimright,
I don't know if this'll help you or not.......
Over the last few months I've been bitten by the bug to see what all the different pellets I have sitting around here at the house will do in the RW so I made up a simple Excel sheet to track 10 shot groups of each of "my" pellets through "my" gun. I didn't create it with the intention of getting it out there in front of everyone, I just wanted some general baseline info of average speed, etc. to see how things worked, patterened, etc. for my own info.

This is my rig:
  • Red Wolf .22 cal HP
  • Purchased new Nov. 2021 from AOA
  • Has had no tuning since I purchased it. As far as I know it's "straight outta' the box".
  • I don't know what version board is in it but it has the 11.1 volt battery if that helps.
  • This is NOT intended to suggest to everyone what YOUR gun will do. It's just what MY gun is doing at the particular date & time.
Here goes:

1674405214075.png

Aimright,
Over the last few months I've been bitten by the bug to see what all the different pellets I have sitting around here at the house will do in the RW so I made up a simple Excel sheet to track 10 shot groups of each of "my" pellets through "my" gun. I didn't create it with the intention of getting it out there in front of everyone, I just wanted some general baseline info of average speed, etc. to see how things worked, patterened, etc. for my own info.

This is my rig:
  • Red Wolf .22 cal HP
  • Has had no tuning since I purchased it. As far as I know it's "straight outta' the box".
  • I don't know what version board is in it but it has the 11.1 volt battery if that helps.
  • This is NOT intended to suggest to everyone what YOUR gun will do. It's just what MY gun is doing at the particular date & time.
Here goes:

View attachment 325522
The 11.1 volt battery was put in the Gen 2's along with hardened hammer. IIRC.
Do you have any accuracy data along with the spread sheet? Did some do really we and the other not so much?

Smitth

Aimright,

This is my rig:
  • Red Wolf .22 cal HP
Here goes:

View attachment 325522
Great info SAZ! Thanks.

Smitty911,
I just went outside and took a couple pics of the saved targets I was shooting at.
They're numbered 1A, 1B and so on and they correspond to the spread sheet.
Keep in mind that temps were probably in the high 50's to low 60's and there a a little bit of wind as well. Altitude roughly 3800' - 4000'. Dry winter desert.
I was aiming at the center dot on every target. I was interested in the chrono info mainly, ending up with a beautiful group would just be a bonus.
Sorry about the glare on the sheet protectors from the sun.
I'm pretty sure you can click on the pics and enlarge them if you need to.
Obviously, I need to work on the photo skills as well. ;)

RW 22cal - Shot String 1.jpg
RW 22cal - Shot String 2.jpg

Looking for a airgun store for a side wheel need for sightron s111 thanks im new to the airgun thing
Keith1: Couple links to scope wheel makers, I believe they both make wheels for Sightron S-3’s:

This is for my particular gun - GC2 board and as received (used) from AoA:

Red Wolf HP .22 GC2
HIMIDLOW
JSB 25.39 RD1044984890

Shooten' em faster than I normally do, at the 'mid' setting, has worked well for me out to 100 yards, but I haven't taken it any further.
Thanks TMH! BTW, if I had known you had a RW .22HP I would have waited and bought it from you at a bargain price when you sell it in a few months;). Still really enjoy shooting your Sniper .177, been doing pretty good with it lately in FT.

Reactions: TMH
Finally found some time to chrono my RW today. .22 JSB 25.4 redesigns are averaging at 1000 on high, 970 on mid, and 843 on low. I will be heading to the range Friday to see what it can do and try to get it reasonably dialed in for a XFT match on Saturday. I am hoping the mid power shooting the MRDs at 970 turns out to be a good tune for this RW at the 50 to 100 yard distances.

Reactions: DHart