• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Reducing the trigger pull weight on a daystate Huntsman Regal XL Huma

I have had my Huntsman HR for about 1 year and I I sent about 3000 pellets downrange. It shoots well at 55 yd on my home home range. It has a 3 stage trigger and the sear does not seem to creep and has a crisp break. I would like to shorten the distance that I have to pull the trigger rearward before the gun fires. will I need to adjust all three stages?

For reference 40 years ago when I was competing in the NW and Canada IPSC, I honed my Colt Gov't Series 70 sear and had a crisp 2lb. 8oz trigger pull.
At 72 yo, this airgun trigger is more intimating to me.

Thanks,

Dave

I have a Wolverine "R" and suspect the trigger is pretty close in design to the Huntsman, but I may be way off on that one.

The pull was too hard for me no matter how it was adjusted so I went in, warranty be damned, and polished everything that touches, rubs or moves. That improved it but still no joy.

A closer look and I realized it needed a spring change or two to get it where I wanted it, so I dove into my spring box and after some experimentation, found the combination that gave me the 4/5 ounce pull I was looking for yet maintaining a safe gun. I banged it as hard as I dare and it did not go off.

When you say 3 stages, I am not sure what you mean. Mine has the ability to adjust it forward or back, take up before reaching the wall and then a crisp let off in the ounce range I wanted. I suspect that is what you mean by 3 stages.

It's a two stage trigger, and the adjustment that Daystate calls weight adjustment, is really sear engagement. You can take any creep out with it, but you can't actually lower the spring resistance without changing springs.

Correct ... and if you go about changing springs you definitely want to stone & hone the sear contacts and pieces that move or slide along side the containment block.

As spring rates go lower any drag will have trigger feeling gritty or blade not moving threw the first stage travel and returning smoothly if shots not taken.

Also the potential for a sharp bump and DISCHARGING unexpectedly increases.