Reduce Cocking Force on Benjamin Discovery .22

JimF

Dec 9, 2015
MN
I just purchased a .22 cal Benjamin Discovery for my 13 year old grandson. He is not a big kid for his age and is having trouble using the bolt to load pellets. The bolt is small on the Benjamin Discovery and he has small hands. Is there another larger after market bolt that will work with this gun or is there some way to decrease the force needed to pull the bolt back to load the pellet.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, 

Jim F

c-m-shooter...Thanks for the input. I am not too familiar with this gun yet. If I replace the stock hammer spring with one that is lighter will it reduce the velocity/FPE of this gun. I do have on hand the Baker Trigger Mod kit if I need to reduce the pull weight/travel of the trigger .

I appreciate your feedback.

Jim F

c-m-shooter...Thanks for the input. I am not too familiar with this gun yet. If I replace the stock hammer spring with one that is lighter will it reduce the velocity/FPE of this gun. I do have on hand the Baker Trigger Mod kit if I need to reduce the pull weight/travel of the trigger .

I appreciate your feedback.

Jim F

Yes, it will reduce the power (and increase shot count) a little. That is a good thing, Discos are oversprung to begin with.