Redacted

Since your Grand Project is clearly ultra secret and awaiting Patent :)

Can you give us some idea of your general hypothesis (or thinking) ?

Please tell me it's not another "barrel bedded in Potty Putty(tm)" idea (remember Potty Putty? - that's the UK name for that pink, semi-slimey, viscous stuff that was extremely pliable when warm but rock hard under pressure ... if you hit a warm blob (of it) with a hammer it shattered. Happy Days, eh!).

"BRS"Since your Grand Project is clearly ultra secret and awaiting Patent :)

Can you give us some idea of your general hypothesis (or thinking) ?

Please tell me it's not another "barrel bedded in Potty Putty(tm)" idea (remember Potty Putty? - that's the UK name for that pink, semi-slimey, viscous stuff that was extremely pliable when warm but rock hard under pressure ... if you hit a warm blob (of it) with a hammer it shattered. Happy Days, eh!).
Well studied Se·ñor !!!

I'm onto ya matey. 65 + years ago my cousin and myself took it upon ourselves to relieve a 
brass cannon from a sailing ship. What a beauty. She gleamed and shimmered in the sun like a dream come true. Oh but we must shoot her. (did I say she was from a British 3 deck capitol ship model built by my uncle) She was 8" long and of such perfect form only M'Angelo could have crafted it. But I digress, shoot it we spoke in unison! But we must have some kind of stock so YOU can hold it, I told my cousin. Slight smile to cover lurking fear. We crafted a stock with two grooves one on each side for the cannons side pins to rest in. A coat hanger wire binding wrapped tightly across the gun and stock made us ready. The barrel was free floated well before we knew what it meant.

Talk about accurate. Loaded with special homemade powder and pearls from a broken necklace it turned the birds nest and all foliage in a 30 " circle into vacant space. Oh yes my cousin held it and I lit the fuse. Holy jumping poop balls!!!! The wire broke and this gleaming beauty did a quadruple flip past his head and mine and smashed into the house breaking a 2 foot hole in the siding.

When man first discovered fire, the wheel, sex, fear of death from toothed animals they barely touched our adrenalin rush. This was truly the ultimate stock. Accurate from both ends. Eight year olds have such great imaginations, you wonder how we stayed alive.

Reactions: Erik and Ziabeam
"Ziabeam"Oh... and Thurmond.... yer a tuff nut to crack.

Our noggins might be eerily similar...
It is possible. Spent several years in NM just west of I-25 and just south of Tramway fixing equipment used for Semiconductor Manufacturing. Photolithography was my specialty at the time. Spent a lot of time wandering around the Jemez Caldera hunting. Another of my "hobbies" at http://www.gemcutters.org . Ranching and providing airgun and supplies now.

Thurmond

Since Cannons were mentioned I should say I have a home made cannon with a 4" bore that used to shoot the old 1lb steel coffee cans half filled with cement about 1/4 mile with 4 oz of black powder. When those cans turned to plastic I switched to large block chevy pistons as a projectile. I am working slowly on one made from a large Oxygen cylinder that shoots bowling balls even further.

JoeWayne is good at painting mental images that are best forgotten but almost impossible to forget. I think he sometimes forgets that this is a family site rather than a dysfunctional family site :p

Thurmond