• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

RED WOLF UPGRADE?

1540062282_5404594085bcb7c4a8361a7.02140435_image.jpeg
I never really liked that adjustable recoil pad much and the length of pull was a little too much for me anyways SO I changed out the factory to a pachmayr this morning. $20 and about a hours time to fit. The original can be put back in place if needed. I sure do love this gun . 

1540065381_15241918335bcb88651d5ee6.87537965_image.jpg
Biggest issue is length of pull. In addition that factory pad is adjustable but only to a degree . I was thinking about putting a Morgan pad on but they are pricy and you know I've never felt I needed that anyways. My main use for this particular rifle is practicing off hand shooting. I've got my shoot to reset targets on the deck railing they are at about 30 feet 

What I did was : I bought a medium sized pachmayr pad at Gander. Taking the original pad off is just a matter of backing out two screws that are holding it in place. I positioned the pachmayr pad against the back of the stock and started the top screw into the original hole. The lower screw had to be drilled. To do this i put the screw into position thru the recoil pad and lined it up tapped the end of the screw with a small hammer to accurately mark the place that needed drilled drilled the one hole and then screwed the pad down until it was against the stock.

It this point the pad is too large with excess all the way around the stock. I rapped the stock with tape and used a silver sharpie to trace around the stock marking the recoil pad. 

I backed the screws out and roughly cut the pad to fit. Be careful here because the lower edge of the pad extends below the wood on the bottom. Don't cut too much. 

Once you are close (the closer the better) screw the pad back on to the gun and protect the stock with more tape and carefully finish and shape right up to the stock.

I used a dremel tool with a sand paper barrel but you could use your tool of choice. 

Goal is 1) don't damage the stock 2) don't cut too much off the recoil pad. Work slow and carefully. 

Not difficult just go slow. 

Has to be YouTube 's on doing this.