• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Tuning Red wolf stopped shooting

Have you ever had this happen, I loaded the gun and pulled the trigger and the gun fired reloaded and it would not fire turned the gun on nd off opened the action and closed it gun would not fire normally the display light is on but no response the shot count and pressure was still showing but the gun jut seems look up so I unplugged the battery for 10 mins and restarted and everything work great.

Good information, in case mine does the same. As much as I enjoy my Red Wolf, it's because of this kind of thing that I will never consider it a hunting rifle. A couple of times, while waiting on a squirrel shot in the back yard, the trigger timed out, and it cost me a shot. I guess I'm just not sufficiently aware of its operating system, but it can be a frustration. And regarding the battery, the one in the RW lasts a long time on a charge, and it should give a prompt to recharge in time to avoid it dying (assuming you are at home with the charger). 

The only time that this might happen during normal shooting is if the state of the board is not reset during the cocking cycle, By unplugging the battery for 10 minutes you've essentially force reset the fire state. Cycling the safety usually resets the first state as well., an easy way to visually see this is to take the rifle out of the stock, pop the panel off the PCB cover and see the red blinking light at the rear of the board. When you cock the rifle or cycle the safety that should go solid red indicating ready to fire, when it flashes it is in safe or not cycled in the fire state. 

Glad you got it essentially rebooted by discharging the board though!

The only time that this might happen during normal shooting is if the state of the board is not reset during the cocking cycle, By unplugging the battery for 10 minutes you've essentially force reset the fire state. Cycling the safety usually resets the first state as well., an easy way to visually see this is to take the rifle out of the stock, pop the panel off the PCB cover and see the red blinking light at the rear of the board. When you cock the rifle or cycle the safety that should go solid red indicating ready to fire, when it flashes it is in safe or not cycled in the fire state. 

Glad you got it essentially rebooted by discharging the board though!

Kind of hard in a hunting scenario. These e rifles are a lot of fun, but I'll stick to mechanical in the woods.