• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Red Wolf standard owners ???

The Red Wolf shot cycle will feel very different from any mechanical rifle. Since there is no spring, you have a sensation of a faster lock time. I guess that might be the more "dead" feel.
Never know exactly how to describe it, but think you caught what I was trying to say.
"Recoil" doesn't seem appropriate... maybe how docile or gentle is the shot cycle?
Your answer gets to the heart of my question, which I could've prefaced much better. Makes sense that if energy level & rifle weight are equal (which of course, they're usually not), the electronic action would be gentler due to not needing the hammer & spring. Just didn't know to what degree. Hard to quantify, so not something you're going to see on the spec sheet 🤔

The Red Wolf shot cycle will feel very different from any mechanical rifle. Since there is no spring, you have a sensation of a faster lock time. I guess that might be the more "dead" feel.
I couldn’t compare the two,the regal is 22 cal 30 ft lb,but my red wolf is different than any thing I have owned before really like it ,only con for me is cost!

Reactions: wolfmangreg
Want to again thank everyone for their contributions to this thread.

Found out last night that I'm going to become a first time grandpa 🥳
To celebrate, I ordered a Red Wolf standard .177, in walnut. Also suggested Wolfgang as a name if the baby is a boy, but it was ruled out, politely yet firmly. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

As mentioned in the OP, not getting a heliboard or programmer at this time. But, I've softened my stance a bit on that... if it turns out that I want to hunt or shoot long range with it more than planned, will at least consider them as an option. Heliboard seems the better, more flexible option of the two, but would have to be weighed against voiding the outstanding warranty. Decent chance that scenario will never happen (or I find a lightish slug that works well at factory high setting), so will cross that bridge if & when it is reached.

Want to again thank everyone for their contributions to this thread.

Found out last night that I'm going to become a first time grandpa 🥳
To celebrate, I ordered a Red Wolf standard .177, in walnut. Also suggested Wolfgang as a name if the baby is a boy, but it was ruled out, politely yet firmly. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

As mentioned in the OP, not getting a heliboard or programmer at this time. But, I've softened my stance a bit on that... if it turns out that I want to hunt or shoot long range with it more than planned, will at least consider them as an option. Heliboard seems the better, more flexible option of the two, but would have to be weighed against voiding the outstanding warranty. Decent chance that scenario will never happen (or I find a lightish slug that works well at factory high setting), so will cross that bridge if & when it is reached.
In the last four months my first and second sons gave me a grand son and a grand doughter.

At the begining is wird. But with time you become more and more involved in a love relation that is curious because the main responsibility is of their parents, so you can enjoy loving an planning how to get good times togheter.

Congratulations!!!!

I am sure you will have time to enjoy with your grand son and the remaining with your Red Wolf. Beautiful doble!!

Congratulations on your beautiful grandson!
The .177 RedWolf standard is going to be awesome for sure.
I have the .22 HP RedWolf as well as a .177 HP RedWolf and hands down I prefer the .177 set on low power shooting the redesigned monsters.
It’s incredibly accurate and just a little pop for the report, and so many shots it’s just nuts.
I think you are in for a very very pleasant surprise with the Safari standard.
Be sure to post about the bliss you will soon experience!

Still have the old rocking chair that I would sit in when feeding both my sons as infants, when they needed that 2am bottle. Kept in the basement storage area, couldn't get rid of it. Still in decent shape, & you can bet I'll be putting it back in service. Probably not at 2am though, that's for Dad & Mom to handle :D.

Pretty excited about the Red Wolf too. Have owned a couple of the Huntsman series, & both were of extremely high quality. Expect I'll be pleased with their digital cousin as well.

Reactions: woogie_man