Red Wolf safari HP A.R.T. tuned vs Red Wolf HP regular in .25 caliber Q.

I have owned both guns in .30 cal. The Safari has an upgraded board and valve system that the Red Wolf HP does not have. This upgraded system allows the Safari to produce more speed and energy. In my opinion, if you want the gun to be at its full potential then the Safari is the clear choice. That being said, they are both great guns. Accurate and dependable. Good luck!

Just a clarification for @easyridemm... there is no difference now in the powerplants for the Safari and RW HP. The stock is the difference. The Safari stock is much more expensive than any of the RW stocks, so the price is a little higher.

Whether the tune is worth it or not is for you to decide. They shoot extremely well out of the box. The tune is described on the AoA site, I believe. It SHOULD yield a rifle that's as good as it can be with documentation. The 25 is very good... especially with the 33.4s.

@Spray1Mark started a thread that outlines the tuning process very well. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/the-daystate-programmer-lets-talk-about-properly-programming-the-redwolf/?referrer=1 . It requires a tune tool but just a methodical procedure.

Bob

Just a clarification for @easyridemm... there is no difference now in the powerplants for the Safari and RW HP. The stock is the difference. The Safari stock is much more expensive than any of the RW stocks, so the price is a little higher.

Whether the tune is worth it or not is for you to decide. They shoot extremely well out of the box. The tune is described on the AoA site, I believe. It SHOULD yield a rifle that's as good as it can be with documentation. The 25 is very good... especially with the 33.4s.

@Spray1Mark started a thread that outlines the tuning process very well. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/the-daystate-programmer-lets-talk-about-properly-programming-the-redwolf/?referrer=1 . It requires a tune tool but just a methodical procedure.

Bob

My experience exactly. I have a Safari and a DW in .25 cal. The Safari is more accurate than I am. Still working on the DW to refine the accuracy. I like the ability to “tune” both using the computer. Sorry that this post is a little off topic.