• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Red wolf safari .30

If it helps, my .303 "Safari in laminate clothing" with untouched factory programming (GC2 electronics) puts out 79 or 81 FPE at the muzzle with 44.75's/50.15's on the Hi setting, and 70 FPE at the muzzle with 44.75's on the Mid setting (sorry, don't have Mid/50.15 numbers). Haven't tested it on Low yet. 😏 The Daystate spec for the .25 Safari is up to 65 FPE.

IMG_1423.1616707854.JPG

I'm pretty sure a caliber change can be done on Red Wolfs, since there is a member trying to sell a Rosso in the AGN classifieds which comes in .25cal configuration, and the parts to change configuration to .22. Just don't know what all is involved. You would likely want to have a programmer if changing calibers.

Rosso Ad

If it helps out at all, PM me and I'll get some chony numbers on the LO setting. And shooting these guns on the low or mid power setting definitely ups the shots-per-fill significantly.

That depends on how the .30 was initially set-up, honestly the .30 doesn't really benefit from a medium or low curve, no one who owns one I suspect would ever use them, the high power is the perfect speed for either 44 or 50g JSB and since there are no other contenders for pellets the other curves would get neglected.

I suspect in this instance you would benefit having a programmer to tune it exactly as you want it, but to answer your question as best I can, my .30 RW shoots lights out with a .25 barrel on medium and the 34g MKII HEAVY, the high power curve is almost identical in velocity but not as accurate, go figure?