Red Wolf (RW) Programming Cheat Sheet - Rough Draft

Teaching myself use of the Daystate programming device has been a bummer. Fortunately, the time invested has a purpose which is to create a programming “cheat sheet”. A cheat sheet that I can follow whenever I want to effortlessly reprogram my RW HP. In addition, a cheat sheet that others may find useful as well.

Note that Daystate programming has not yet been effortless. Basically, I’ve been reviewing videos, reprogramming my RW, and trying to write documentation all at the same time. Moreover, while the Daystate device may be easy for an engineer to understand and use, only now am I'm starting to understand the look and feel of the interface (in spite of the fact that I used to design software interfaces; write BASIC, Visual Basic; and dBase III & IV code; and manage a software development company). 

Enough nay saying. I have successfully reprogrammed the gun three times so far (plus one failure mentioned in another post). Thus, I believe that we as users can develop something to make programming device use straightforward, and make it possible for each of us to get the most out of our guns.

I've attached my DRAFT cheat sheet to achieve the desire mentioned immediately above. I hope that others with Daystate programmers will review it and provide comments worthy of incorporation into a final document. For example, identifying differences in programming Mark IIIs and IVs, Airwolfs, Pulsers, RWs and RW HPs and adding such to one document (or even separate documents for each gun type).

I'm a little out of practice in regards to writing technical documentation so please bear with my poorly written draft. I will improve it with your help. I will also share the final draft here on Airgun Nation, unless we deem for some reason that such is not in the best interest of all.

That’s it for now. Feel free to download the very rough DRAFT document, review it, and get your thoughts and suggestions back to me. Please private message me if you hate my work so much that a little written screaming and name calling is needed.

In any event, best wishes to all and I look forward to feedback even – gulp – if it is scathing in nature.

The other Mark B.

download.png
View attachment 1539994761_3029643035bca74896a4096.82737445_Red Wolf Programming.pdf

Reactions: Oregun