• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Red Wolf programmer

Not even close to max. If you read Franklink's review of the Standard, I believe it details getting around 45 ft lb in 22 which should translate to about 30 in 177. My own standard barrel does not shoot the 16.1s very well, so that much power isn't too useful unless you plan to try 13.4 or 15 gn slugs. By going to the 23" polygonal barrel, it can drive the 16.1s and heavier slugs more easily. Ours can do over 40 ft lb with the 20.5 gn NSA's and we normally run the 16.1s at 33 ft lb.
If you're asking how much power it will generate by going up in caliber, it's more but may be limited by what valve and frame port it has. 177 Standard's are typically much smaller porting but CAN be drilled to 25 cal spec as I've done on a couple. It has to be very carefully done as the valve seal support gets pretty thin for the 25.
Bob

Not even close to max. If you read Franklink's review of the Standard, I believe it details getting around 45 ft lb in 22 which should translate to about 30 in 177. My own standard barrel does not shoot the 16.1s very well, so that much power isn't too useful unless you plan to try 13.4 or 15 gn slugs. By going to the 23" polygonal barrel, it can drive the 16.1s and heavier slugs more easily. Ours can do over 40 ft lb with the 20.5 gn NSA's and we normally run the 16.1s at 33 ft lb.
If you're asking how much power it will generate by going up in caliber, it's more but may be limited by what valve and frame port it has. 177 Standard's are typically much smaller porting but CAN be drilled to 25 cal spec as I've done on a couple. It has to be very carefully done as the valve seal support gets pretty thin for the 25.
Bob
When reading this I become more determined to get a RW Safari in .177cal. 39-40 ft/ibs with +20grain open new doors.

Bob
Did he get 45 fpe through programming only, stock standard barrel, valve, etc? That's impressive. My .22 standard shoots the 18 g at 900 fps on High, and the 16 around 865 on MP. Those were not the specs I requested from the tuner, but after 2 attempts, he never got it right; that's where it is, and it shoots very well. So, like an unpopular war, just declare victory and go home.

As I mentioned, I drilled the valve and frame port to 25 cal spec but no other mods. Even with the 177 valve, it should be able to easily do 33 ft lb with the 23" poly. The valve and frame were drilled to be able to switch to any caliber.
Hmmm... thinking about it, the Standard uses a smaller breech end of the barrel so a poly wouldn't fit without machining. Ours are HP's so all HP barrels interchange.
It should still be able to get over 30 ft lb in 177 if desired.

Bob

As I mentioned, I drilled the valve and frame port to 25 cal spec but no other mods. Even with the 177 valve, it should be able to easily do 33 ft lb with the 23" poly. The valve and frame were drilled to be able to switch to any caliber.
Hmmm... thinking about it, the Standard uses a smaller breech end of the barrel so a poly wouldn't fit without machining. Ours are HP's so all HP barrels interchange.
It should still be able to get over 30 ft lb in 177 if desired.

Bob
You may be correct about getting 33FPE with the 23" poly barrel but remember, my standard power .177 has a 17" barrel.