Red wolf battery issues

The battery link that rc4fun posted adobe is a larger capacity battery that will fit your Red Wolf with no modifications. I ordered one and use it in my Red Wolf Safari.
It uses the same charger you use now.

Butch

4031B7AC-3E23-41D4-BD1A-36877C39D547.jpeg

The battery link that rc4fun posted adobe is a larger capacity battery that will fit your Red Wolf with no modifications. I ordered one and use it in my Red Wolf Safari.

Butch

View attachment 297890
Thank you. I thought had to mod it to work. Just ordered one

Reactions: rc4fun and Butch
Are you saying that the Daystate charging unit (assuming it comes with one) is crap?

Only asking because of the initial price of the gun.
I am not saying that, because I have never had the opportunity to test one. I design secret products at my day job that allow me to know how Li-Po batteries act when overcharged, so that is the only reason I made that statement.

I am not saying that, because I have never had the opportunity to test one. I design secret products at my day job that allow me to know how Li-Po batteries act when overcharged, so that is the only reason I made that statement.
Oooookay... Riiiiiight... In other words FOS. Correct? (rolling on the floor laughing...)

Even if what you claim is true... what does that make you in reference to this forum?

Yeah, thought so... yet another Sh ill...

"S hill - A sh ill is a 'plant' or stooge. They are people, usually paid, who promote something while pretending to be independent."

The fact that AGN will not allow the word to be stated or ANY definitional link to be posted says quite a lot! (Try it!)

Damn Michael!
SHAME!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: N2 Shooter
Oooookay... Riiiiiight... In other words FOS. Correct? (rolling on the floor laughing...)

Even if what you claim is true... what does that make you in reference to this forum?

Yeah, thought so... yet another Sh ill...

"S hill - A sh ill is a 'plant' or stooge. They are people, usually paid, who promote something while pretending to be independent."

The fact that AGN will not allow the word to be stated or ANY definitional link to be posted says quite a lot! (Try it!)

Damn Michael!
SHAME!
Be quiet, they are listening. They are always listening! 😆

Well, at first I was gonna say something a little too descriptive of the product, then I remembered I use my real name here, and I didn't want a quick Google search to connect me to the conglomerate. Just know, it's not an airgun company. We are significantly more substantial than that. We make things that people that make things desperately need to get their job done.

Be quiet, they are listening. They are always listening! 😆

Well, at first I was gonna say something a little too descriptive of the product, then I remembered I use my real name here, and I didn't want a quick Google search to connect me to the conglomerate. Just know, it's not an airgun company. We are significantly more substantial than that. We make things that people that make things desperately need to get their job done.
So, the Chatterly Ignition Amalgamation... LOL! Or the Federal Bureau of Ignoramuses... (wish I could come up with better...)

Go ahead... pull the other one... (chuckl... Oh... never mind...)

I would give you my address, but you already know it... (heavy sigh)

Locked, loaded and waiting...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: N2 Shooter
Many of the lithium cells and packs marketed to the consumer have capacity claims that range from optimistic to absurd. However modest differences (10 - 20%, maybe 30%) can be legitimate. For example, a pack made for high-rate discharge will use a different type of cells broadly referred to as power cells. This type of pack would be suitable for things like an RC car or drone that will completely drain the battery in as little as 5-10 minutes.

Contrast with a lower rate pack made with energy cells having a higher mAh rating that is better suited for long run time with light or intermittent loads like a Daystate Red Wolf.

Are you saying that the Daystate charging unit (assuming it comes with one) is crap?

Only asking because of the initial price of the gun.
Friend of mine has the same blue charger as mine. Was charging his stock battery. Noticed smoke coming from charger. Unplugged it and told AOA what happened. Sent him a new charger free. It appears that there is a new charger coming with the RedWolf now. A black one that is hopefully better with a BMS (battery management system). Lucky that he had not gone back outside. May have had a fire in charger and or battery.

Reactions: BackStop
Friend of mine has the same blue charger as mine. Was charging his stock battery. Noticed smoke coming from charger. Unplugged it and told AOA what happened. Sent him a new charger free. It appears that there is a new charger coming with the RedWolf now. A black one that is hopefully better with a BMS (battery management system). Lucky that he had not gone back outside. May have had a fire in charger and or battery.
They also sent him a new battery. Due to concerns with charger being damaged.

Butch

View attachment 297890
Bought this battery. It will go in the gun. You do have to force it in. Not good as getting it out is difficult. Measured it. 101mm x 20mm x 16mm. 1 mm more as it should be 15mm. Have to use the wire not needed to pull it back out of the gun. Suggest looking at the 1400mah battery instead. I put silicon grease on the edges of the battery. Comes out and goes in easier. Still need to pull that wire though. At some point that will fail