Red Wolf Battery Charger LED Indicators

When I plug in my Red Wolf battery to the charger all LEDs are red. The manual does not show this configuration for the lights.

The manual shows the bottom LED (3 Cell) as Blue and the other two LED cell lights as Red when charging. When fully charged all lights are Blue.

So why am I getting all three lights as Red? My Low Battery Indicator has not come on the display screen, I just wanted to step through the charging process and see if the batteries were getting low from their factory charge.

Has anyone else seen this condition where all 3 LEDs are red when charging? Would like to know if I have a bad charger or not.

The GC2 board models have an 11.1 v battery which is 3 cells...... 3 lights. It should go red every time you plug it in on all 3 cells , then gradually go to blue as they are charged. The standard power boards have a 7.4 v battery, which is 2 cells. Only 2 lights should turn red when you plug those in and gradually turn blue as they are charged.

I've had problems with the connection sometimes where I jiggle it a little to get it charging all but if any cells do not turn red when you plug it in, you may have discharged too far. LiPo batteries won't allow charging if voltage is drawn too low.

Bob

When I first plug mine in sometime all blue, sometime all red, sometime any combination. After about 30 minutes all LED’s seem to work properly. Have charged my battery 4 times now.

What reason for the 4 time change? Were they all weak or not charging?

Charged not changed. Probably having too much of a blast shooting it a lot as how it should be.

Latest manual version top, showing two stock options, old manual bottom showing the ROSSI configuration, they do show the 3S battery in the new manual but strangely use the photos from the 2S battery to show the light sequence, bizarre!

1597518943_16916380485f38345fa63dd6.99073408.jpg
1597518952_8752369345f38346865b8a4.65273364.jpg

Exactly. And my manual indicates the battery has a 3-prong plug that inserts to the right so the negative (-) black poles line up.

In actuality, my battery has a 4 prong plug that can only be inserted into the charger only one way. If the charger is not plugged in to an outlet and you plug the battery into the charger, the 3-cell light turns blue. The other two cell lights remain off.

Obviously my manual is describing the older charger/battery combination for a two cell lipo for the light display. I was surprised when all three lit up and they were all red. I guess this is the normal 3-cell display.