Red Wolf Barrel Tuner

Howdy guys. The barrel tuners are very close to bring ready to sell. I made a bunch of prototypes and gave them out to a few Beta testers through Chad Kentner aka Airgun Advisor.

Unfortunately I was robbed on the way to EBR and lost all of my guns and a bunch of samples and even worse my Laptop with, (you guessed it) the cad drawings for the barrel tuners.

Good news is the files were saved on a backup server.

BUT, I need a computer to makes the modifications and slice the files.

I promise to get them up on the site ASAP and work on an install and instruction video.

Will probably have to rely on Chad for that last part due to the fact I don't own a RedWolf.

Harrell's Precision makes a rimfire tuner with a threaded adapter. This allows you to move the tuner from various rifles and dial in your setting from an indexed scale. Harrell's Precision did fabricate thread adapters in 1/2" X 20 UNF to fit a large number of air rifles. I currently run a unit on a .25 cal Red Wolf. www.harrellsprec.com, another powder burner item which applies to air rifles.

Test: 33.95 gr JSB pellets, Daystate Red WOLF .25CAL, Helliboard at PWR 9, caps at 70.2v. 50 yds, Harrell's tuner. All settings left alone except for the tuner.

Observations: Starting at 100 on the tuner, adjustments were made in 5 unit increments. As the values increased, the resulting pellet shot pattern changed slightly with each 5 unit modification. The pellet pattern started out moving mostly horizontal in group width. As the tuner units were increased, the horizontal pattern started to tighten, becoming a vertical pellet pattern. As the tuner units were increased, the pellet 5 shot patterns began to revert back to the mostly horizontal pattern varying in width.

Once the pellet pattern was horizontal, 1 unit incremental adjustments were made and the vertical pattern began to shrink until the pellets were hole-in-hole.

During two different test days, to repeat the results, a 6 unit adjustment had to be made. Tuners appear to be very sensitive to numerous factors. More discovery work needed.