• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Red Wolf - Air Stripper anyone use one.

Greetings
I am working on my form and technique as that is where the maximum improvement in my scoring will come from. With that said I am not against spending some cash💰to buy accuracy that I don’t have control of. My Lupo Rosso .22 has a 0dB moderator which works great to to quiet the Lupo when I’m shooting at home but I have no idea yet if it has any affect on accuracy. Next time I go out to the range I am going to do some testing for accuracy with and without the 0dB.

Recently I have read some and watched a couple of videos on air strippers, they seemed to work in most circumstances to tighten the group. I know this is very specific to each rifle and more so each barrel. I would be interested to know shooters thoughts and experiences with air strippers and accuracy especially if you have used one on a Red Wolf. I also see that AoA has a Rowan Adjustable Air Stripper for $70.00 so I have quick access to one.

I appreciate your time for posting a reply.

I've used the Hatsan air stripper which is available for much less than the Rowan. Some guns love it, some guns don't really care. I've never had accuracy suffer with an air stripper, but depending on the barrel and pellet combo you may have to do some tweaking to get optimal performance (or marginal gains).

The only .22 I used a stripper on was my Avenger, and it was transformative.

The downside with strippers is that they will make a quiet gun loud and a loud gun very loud.

Reactions: oledawg
Agree with @scotton, they'll make it LOUD.

I tested a BSA Gold Star with and without the 1/2x20 adjustable stripper they come with. I could see measurable accuracy gains with the stripper instead of a moderator. But the difference was not large in the particular gun I was shooting. For field target, using the stripper wasnt a big enough difference to actually make a difference in scores at a match. Perhaps in a more hair-splitting discipline like benchrest it would/could matter though.

And keep in mind that if you use a stripper at the range (that's always fun to say) and a moderator at home, you'll almost certainly see a difference in impact points.

For field target, using the stripper wasnt a big enough difference to actually make a difference in scores at a match. Perhaps in a more hair-splitting discipline like benchrest it would/could matter though.
I meant to post in benchrest but obviously didn’t but still a good place to get accuracy advice. Thanks

Haven’t found a .22 Hatsan in stock.