Red Wolf .30 and slugs? BLEH

Hey all, 

Merry Christmas and happy plinking!!

I got a Red Wolf .30 for Xmas (yay) and it is a tack driver with the FX and JSB 44 and 50 gr pellets. Very accurate. (Came to me with defective mag and indexing pin not working, but hey, you can't have everything for a measly $3000.)

So I got a gumption to throw some slugs out of it. NSA, the new .30 Hybrids, VK's... I heard these barrels liked slugs but holy hell, these are a sawed off shotgun! UGH. Like, 1 foot groups at 40 yrds. I took off the STO mod, nope. Changed to a Donny... no dice. Spray n Pray. 

Swap back to pellets and it shoots 1 hole groups at 50. 

I'm at a loss. 

What power level of the rifle are you using, and what is your muzzle velocity.

With my high power RW w/GCU2 electronics, when testing hybrid slugs at 52 yards on high power in my back yard they seemed to be tumbling. Mine is a .22 cal, and the heavy JSB 25.39's were awesome.

Got a quick chance to shoot at 100 yards at the range just before a cowboy match. JSB 25.39's on high were again awesome. First 3 shot group after zeroing was:

IMG_1032.1609026588.JPG

Decided to try the hybrid slugs on medium power. First 7 shot group with them (no scope zeroing adjustment) was:

IMG_1031.1609026629.JPG

No more apparent tumbling!

Finally got the chrono numbers the following week. 25.39 pellets on high power were running 1044 fps, which they seemed to like fine. Hybrid slugs (22 gr) ran 1013 fps on high power, but only 947 fps on mid power. They liked the lower muzzle velocity a whole lot more.

Try some different power settings!

NOTE: Please be gentle - this is only the 3rd time I've tried shooting 100 yards, and the first time with this gun.

I have the same setup, try the 25.3 on medium power, mine go 965 FPS, and my groups tightened up to sub MOA at 100 yards when I do my part. So far the only slugs that are close are the jsb knockouts, they run around 950 FPS and almost as accurate, not so good on high power. Same setup as TMH

Mine is a .30 cal. On high power, the 44gr JSB's are running around 880 FPS. As I said, pellet on pellet 50 yrds. 

I also have a Uragan in .30, same accuracy with pellets, and amazing accuracy with 49.5 NSAs, and even better groups with the the new .30 FX hybrids (which do fit the mags but cycling is a bit rough). Literally sub 1 inch groups with the FX at 54 yards (consistently banging a 1 inch spinner at that distance). 

I guess I'll try med power but heck, expected far better from the ART barrel. Not pleased in the slightest.