• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Red wolf .22

I got tired of waiting for the Delta Wolf so I bought the Red Wolf Safari 25cal & wow" it is better than anything I own or test shot! It will truly out shoot the shooter... I've been sticking with the 25.4gn jsb's and I've been plinking away from 50-80yds with ease! I've been shooting on low power and man I don't think I need slugs at this point. The trigger takes some getting use too" in a good way. It's a little long, it has weight and a solid feel to it too. Quite on low power" and it has a hard hit with the 25.4gn at a average 890fps. I wish I had a better scope & more room to shoot in. (try the 33.9gn on high) After a couple years of feedback from the Delta Wolf we will see how it holds up; But for now I'm happy with the tried and proven platform!

To answer your original question, the 25 and 30 are ART barrels but 177 and 22 are ART Approved . All are very good. The 22 with Monster Redesigns and the 25 with King Heavy Mk2's are hard to beat for pellets. The 177 is extremely accurate and pleasant and the 30 is extremely accurate but a bit more of a handful when trying to get benchrest accuracy.

I've only tested NSA slugs and there are at least a couple in every caliber that shoot well .

Bob

I've got a '65 FPE' Red Wolf with GC2 electronics in .22. It shoots JSB 25.39's great at Hi or Mid power. Past 25 yards the JSB Knock Outs (.216) start to corkscrew on Hi power, but shoot great at Mid power out to the farthest I have taken them (100 yards). Sorry, never did a full shot string to see how many shots per fill (I have a 580 cc bottle on mine anyway).

My chrono data:

Red Wolf .22 GC2