Red Wolf .22 hits the desert

Well, I went in to AoA to pick up a second Omega air cylinder so I can Cascade fill. And I went thinking that I might pick up a Streamline in .22 cal.

After 2 hours of conversation with Larry, Kip and again with Larry, and handling the Streamline, Wildcat II, and Wolverine R, I was coming to the conclusion that a Daystate might be a really good way to go - given the rep for trouble free reliability, the 5 year transferrable warranty, and the fact that AoA (being local to me) is the warranty center for Daystate, in case any work is needed.

So, I took a closer look at the Wolverine R . It was quite tempting, but I figured if I was going to go all the way to a Wolverine R, I might as well have a look at the Red Wolf (for a couple hundred more) while I was in that realm.

Enter the Red Wolf... the trigger was amazing, cycling action amazing, and I was most impressed with how quiet the gun is with the Hugget LDC that was on the gun. Being quiet was among the most important things for me with this purchase. Add in the High, Medium, and Low power options and I became sold.

So, I decided to trade my Brocock Bantam .25 for the Red Wolf.

This is my rifle. There are many others just like it. But this one is mine. And, I am humbly thankful to have it.

A SHOUT-OUT and many thanks to Larry, Kip and the other folks at AoA who took good, patient care of me as I asked so many questions and slowly worked through the decision-making process. Plus... I had two Omega tanks being filled! What else do you do while waiting to have tanks filled - but explore new rifles! 😜 It's a great shop and I'm so happy that they are local to me.

FukoChan.... yeah, I don’t know how they do it, but the Red Wolf is REALLY quiet. Which is exactly what I wanted. And if the reliability and accuracy is anywhere near what many people have had with Daystates, generally speaking, I won’t be complaining at all.

It’s a good chunk of change for a Red Wolf, but with the exceptional 5-year warranty (which is transferable, yet!) and AoA being so close to me for any adjustments or warranty work... I think it makes good sense to just spend the money and go home happy. And what a trigger. WOW.

Welcome to the Wolf Pack!
1f43e.svg

Thanks, Oregon. Glad to join the pack!
1f43e.svg

Good choice DHart! You did it! Your research paid off. That is a beautiful stock on that Redwolf. I like the big patch of gray laminate below the side lever. Your garden is a perfect backdrop for those pics you took. The only thing now is that your taste in PCP rifles is at the very top and any airgun that you decide to purchase after this will be seriously judged by you. When you have the time after you're settled in with her, please post a review. 

Congrats DHart, you wont be disappointed in that platform. I have had mine for a few months now and cant wait for the next shooting day to arrive. The 25gr redesigned JSBs on hi power are my favorite so far. Buck the wind and penetrate at long range. I have the HP version and get 1000fps out of them. With the huggett they are still very quite. I have had some issues with breech orings blowing out but since I switched to viton rings that has gone away. Good luck with your new PCP. Daystate makes a fine rifle for sure.