• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Karma Red Panda

I did get out to the range on Friday but it was way too windy to get any good data. I ended up sighting in on a rock at 25 yds and then smacking some steel at 50 and 100. I played with the regulator and hammer settings for about an hour and was able to shoot one string that was 921, 921, 921 with 44.75 JSB’s with the reg around 1800 and the hammer spring backed off. I was looking for a higher velocity so I didn’t leave it there but may go back and play around at 920 to see what it groups like on a calm day. All and all it is a very accurate gun and fun to shoot even in the wind. I will give you an update soon. I may go to the indoor range this week to shoot some paper.

C1ECD3DC-8FF0-4728-B5F6-527BF515AB0F.jpeg

It appears to be an accurate pellet rifle for bench. One thing I am wondering about, is it the new ammo that is also contributing to the accuracy, and not just the gun? Yes, Thayne shot last year with the FULLY sorted (and polished?) JSB 44.75, but that was in a prototype gun, not the production model.

I bring this up because it appears that almost ALL of the shooters with the production gun are shooting the AEA 50.5 grain pellets. It's kind of a chicken or egg thing to me. My reason for thinking this way is my old(er) .30 Daystate Delta Wolf. It's always been very accurate with the JSB 50.1 pellets at about 870 fps. I tried out the AEA 50.5 this last weekend at 885 fps and the gun jumped up a bit in accuracy, PLUS the BC is around 0.072 GA (significantly better wind resistance).

Those two factors, slightly improved accuracy and a large jump in wind resistance MAY be what is contributing to the "mystique" of this new Karma offering... Things that make you go hmmm...

I did shoot the AEA 45 grain version in my Skout two weeks ago in Oregon, and the slightly improved accuracy plus greater wind resistance (BC 0.060 GA) were better than the usual JSB 44s. I was shooting them at 865 to 870 fps from a .30 FX Superior pellet liner 1:40 twist.

Last edited:
It appears to be an accurate pellet rifle for bench. One thing I am wondering about, is it the new ammo that is also contributing to the accuracy, and not just the gun? Yes, Thayne shot last year with the FULLY sorted (and polished?) JSB 44.75, but that was in a prototype gun, not the production model.

I bring this up because it appears that almost ALL of the shooters with the production gun are shooting the AEA 50.5 grain pellets. It's kind of a chicken or egg thing to me. My reason for thinking this way is my old(er) .30 Daystate Delta Wolf. It's always been very accurate with the JSB 50.1 pellets at about 870 fps. I tried out the AEA 50.5 this last weekend at 885 fps and the gun jumped up a bit in accuracy, PLUS the BC is around 0.072 GA (significantly better wind resistance).

Those two factors, slightly improved accuracy and a large jump in wind resistance MAY be what is contributing to the "mystique" of this new Karma offering... Things that make you go hmmm...

I did shoot the AEA 45 grain version in my Skout two weeks ago in Oregon, and the slightly improved accuracy plus greater wind resistance (BC 0.060 GA) were better than the usual JSB 44s. I was shooting them at 865 to 870 fps from a .30 FX Superior pellet liner 1:40 twist.
I tried to get some AEA 50.5s but they are out of stock until next month through my supplier. They do have some AEA 45s but I already have a ton of JSB 44s and didn’t know if it would be a big enough difference between the two to buy a whole case of 45s to test. I’m currently looking for a few tins of each and also want to try the ZAN 56s. From what I’ve heard, the 50s are what this gun likes.

I tried to get some AEA 50.5s but they are out of stock until next month through my supplier. They do have some AEA 45s but I already have a ton of JSB 44s and didn’t know if it would be a big enough difference between the two to buy a whole case of 45s to test. I’m currently looking for a few tins of each and also want to try the ZAN 56s. From what I’ve heard, the 50s are what this gun likes.
Yes, the 50s in barrels like AEA and Daystate/BRK. The 45s in FX Superior 1:40 twist STX barrels.

Reactions: Dairyboy