Red Loctite Why?

So what is the obsession with Red Loctite on Airguns. LOL Really???? It's an Air Gun :)

I own machine guns(M16, M11, MP5's etc) and suppressors and don't red loctite anything ever guns don't need red loctite not even SMG's (Sub Machine Guns) I have used FLEXBAR ROCKSETT to mount a QD Mount that I know I'm not ever taking off. That's a different purpose.

So I get some airguns from FX have about five now with the Donny FL cans and they freggen red locktite the cans on. What idiots.

AOA did this to my LCS SK-19 once and I called and chewed them out. I don't use that ugly stock can that comes on the LCS SK-19 now I have to get my torch to remove it. LOL

If they want to loctite stuff on stick with Blue...

Sorry Rant over. LOL :) :)

uMjrxgG.jpg

tiBl9fz.jpg

Z1nNWiO.jpg

Reactions: drpietrzak
Really, people ACTUALLY use red Loctite on air guns ?
Utter nonsense.

Mike
Yes believe it or not...

I have lost respect with Airguns of Arizona and FX now... If I send something in and or buy something and I will tell them NO Loctite and if you put it on there I will return it for a full refund.

These FX guns had Red Loctite on the endcap of the shroud and on the Donny FL Can cap. WTF????

Removing something that has Red on it is a pain in the keister. If someone puts it on a part that can't be heated up you are in deep.

I do actually use "Red" locking compound all the time on airguns and PBs --- but it is a 4 ounce 35+ year old military issue bottle that I got for $1 at a surplus store hoping it might still have some strength left. With some testing using an inch pound torque wrench, It turned out that it was slightly weaker than "Blue", which ended up being perfect for many of my needs.

Of topic a bit - Mentioning FX and AoA got my attention. I didn't think they sold FX guns, which was kind of surprising to me when I looked for one on their website a while ago. Not a single new FX gun listed for sale. Do you have to ask for them over the phone for some reason?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricochet
Some people are weird when it comes to air gun cans and want to glue them tight worried about it I guess
Yea it's retarded as all get out. Like I said I can shoot my M16 with the Gemtech M4-02 suppressor on it all day until it's glowing hot and it's not going anywhere. It's just standard 1/2x28 RH threads. Nothing special.

Common Sense is long gone away in the world. It's really sad.

Maybe they need to get educated with an A T F Technology guy some day about how guns work. LOL

Last edited:
I use 262 locktite. It's completely unnecessary for PCPs and PBs. For springers it's a blessing. I've been using red locktite for forty years professionally in automotive. And yes it can be disassembled without heat with regular proper hand tools.

Most other milder thread lockers don't work on hard hitting springers. If you don't own one, you'll never understand. No matter what thread locker you use it's important that you clean and dry both male and female threads. And let the thread locker cure overnight.

Yea it's retarded as all get out .....

Common Sense is long gone away in the world. It's really sad.
So is common courtesy. Some folks swear by it, some don't like it. To each their own, but to berate others and insult them and their level of intelligence for using it.... get a grip man.

Yes believe it or not...

I have lost respect with Airguns of Arizona and FX now... If I send something in and or buy something and I will tell them NO Loctite and if you put it on there I will return it for a full refund.

These FX guns had Red Loctite on the endcap of the shroud and on the Donny FL Can cap. WTF????
I tried finding an FX airgun on AOA as well. No dice. Used only...

Last edited: