• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Red LED light on Daystate Pulsar

I received a reply! Seems they have withdrawn the feature.

Contact:Subject: Pulsar Very Faint and Dim LED indicator (rear) I just purchased a Pulsar laminate. I noticed that the RED LED referred to in the manual for the safety indicator is extremely dim. It cannot be seen with any illumination in daylight or in a room. It is working as I know because it is very dim in a room with no windows or light such as a restroom. I goggled this symptom and I see others experiencing this but no one has posted a resolution or work-around fix.Please help.Thanks
First Reply From Simon @ Daystate:

Dear Sir, The LED to which you refer is in fact not related to safety, albeit the later owner manual is somewhat confusing. There is a medium intensity engineer program mode LED on the PCB that in some conditions such as low light can bleed just enough to seen via rear of breach. The safety is handled by manual safety switch and/or bolt open coupled with display if live. Kind Regards - Simon CTechnical Support Manager
Second Reply From Simon @ Daystate:

Dear Sir, There is no deliberate window, but sometimes light will bleed through blanking plate in subdued lighting. As previous email, the LED is used during engineer setup and programming, however the PCB cover is removed for engineering so they can view LED activity directly from PCB. Kind Regards - Simon CTechnical Support Manager

My final Response to Daystate:Thank you for your response, however everything you have attempted to explain is in direct conflict with the Pulsar’s 2 online user manual publications on your factory website. Just for the record, I do have a deliberate window which I would describe as a diffuser indicator lense in the rear of the pulsar model I have just purchased. The windows intention and it’s purpose is clearly outlined, explained as a “user” feature in both user manuals dated Feb 2015 and May 2016. I respectfully feel you are attempting to explain away this feature as an factory internal use , which apparently does not work as described on all product shipped by your own admission. I appreciate your explanation, however it is in direct conflict with the described features of the pulsar. You have identified yourself as the manager of technical support so I have no choice I suppose. I am disappointed and will post these responses to others on our web board to warn others that will encounter this feature that is now retracted by yourself in behalf of Daystate. 

Follow up from disappointing explanation from Daystate.
1. I googled the pcb board and found a photo of the LED on the upper top corner of the board. It is a flat little chip LED that is of the (SMT) surface mount technology. This means there is no component lead flex as in older board mounting methods. This means that there is no reason to think the LED is bent or angled in the wrong direction causing this dim effect.
2. Today I removed the stock from my pulsar to test and examine the batteries. What I discovered was if you look closely, there is a little fiber optic pipe channeled up from the electronics compartment going up into the rear top of the gun. The fiber optics piece lights up pretty bright as viewed moving between compartments.

This is where I stopped as I do not want to invalidate my warranty. It just confirmed to me that the Daystate response from the manager of Technical Support doesn’t know what he is talking about. It is clear the attempt to pipe light to the rear of the gun as outlined in the user’s manual. I can only conclude that it didn't work out all that great and now they are down playing the feature? I really don't know? What I do know is that this all started when I was getting use to a brand new pulsar purchase and reading the user manual as I went through the operation and features before attempting to use and fire the pulsar.

Am I going to use this feature every day? Probably not, however to be BS'ed from the factory that claims they are the world class maker of air guns is pretty bad.

So Far I will say the Pulsar is a great gun so far otherwise!