• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Red dot sight for Crosman 1701p

I have four of these. Despite their low price, they're great little sights and have held up well. I have 2 of my 4 on PB's and they've withstood the recoil on them. Work great on my 2240 platforms as well. Search this on amazon:

Ade Advanced Optics RD3-002 Tactical Micro Compact Reflex Red Dot Sight with Integral Weaver-Picatinny Mount for Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun

Personally I don't understand buying a quality gun and a cheap sight/scope.

One of the bad things about cheaper red dot sights, the dot is not clean and crisp. It's like a full moon on a foggy evening. Bright center with a fuzzy ring around it. Low battery hours also.

I'd rather spend more, get a MUCH better sight, and a MUCH better guarantee.

Look into the Holosun, Delta Point Pro, Sig Sauer brands. All of these have great warranties, their dots are solid, crisp dots. Plus, like the Holosun brand, most of their sights run on a standard 2032 battery and have roughly a 20,000 to 50,000 (depending on set brightness) hour battery life..! Plus for a little more money, some have a solar cell on them for when the battery runs low on power. You'll be buying lots'a batteries for cheaper sights.

Another thing to think about. If you wear glasses, or have any eye problems at all, you might find that a "green" dot may be easier to see clearly.

Mike

I have pricey SigSauer. Tom Gaylord's blog at Pyramid air recommends it and has a article about it. Regular batteries and incredible number of hours of operation. Rugged and tiny dot.

Just an FYI, all the Sig-Sauer sights are made by Holosun, and in most cases are just rebranded with no other changes. Find the Holosun equivalent and it won’t be so “pricey”.

I have Sig Romeos that I bought before discovering that little tidbit, and spent more than necessary as a result.

Otony