Red dot paralax

i dont know the facts around red dots, all i can tell you is i set eye relief so i can get on a target the fastest bringing the gun up to my natural hold and cheek weld with both eyes open .. your head shouldnt be 'bobbing' around trying to find the target and it shouldnt seem like the scope itself is 'in the way' .. just put it in the most natural spot man , itl be alright lol ..

Bocephus

Thanks for the refrence. Quite an indepth and interesting test. I read the entire report, and to my amazement as you have stated, there are various amounts of paralax, even from the best companies out there, and it's not linear with distance. Your last statement touches directly on the point I had in mind.

For my eyes (post cataract & multi focal lense implant) there is a specific shorter eye relief that yeilds a slightly better image. Considering the "price range" and quality of the red dots I use (lower end) it seems that keeping the dot centered in a reproducable fashion is the paramount issue.

However this report has sparked my curosity, and I am going to do some POI tests at different positions within the feild of view of my red dots. My typical range (post cataract) is 25 yards or less. I plan on making 9 dots with a marker on my lense going about half way to the edges. No reason to test extremes. And see how much the POI changes compared to center alignment. I suspect it will be minimal but interesting. Thanks for your input, always appreciated.