• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recovering from Open Heart Surgery - for real

Hi guys . . . . I'm (slowly coming) back. ;-) Subject says it - I had open heart surgery back on the 4th of November and have been . . . . "out of it" to say the least since. "Winter time" here in upstate NY, so far, hasn't really been all that bad and today was one of those low 40's degree temp days. I've been home for almost two weeks now from the hospital and and have worked up to a little over 30 minutes on my daily walks, and today for the first time, I decided to pull out one of my air rifles. 48 yards on a field target knock down 'thing' - not sure if it's supposed to be a squirrel or rat (lol) - I am sure of one thing though - it needs a paint job. I know (suspect) that a number of shots were orbiting the kill zone hole . . . . but I did hit it and knocked it down a couple of times! ( 3 out of 10 ). Just breathing and trying to get steady is surprisingly challenging for me @present . . . I used my little .177 m-rod shooting AA 10.3's at 880-890'ish.

Hope all is well with everyone and hey - if your ever presented with a choice: Root Canal or Open Heart Surgery. Root canal wins all day, every day!!!! ( lol )

Michael / Moderators - apologies in advance - I've no clue where to park this, or if it should even be here but . . . . I'm just glad to still be on this side of the flowers and wanted to get onto the forum, post, 'brag' about my 'awesome' (lol) shooting that I just did, etc ..... 

-=- jd -=-

1st_shots_post_heart_surgery2.1637530205.jpg
1st_shots_post_heart_surgery1.1637530206.jpg

I had triple bypass and aorta replacement last year. Followed Dr.'s orders and walked everyday increasing time to 30 minutes. At first I would have to stop and catch my breath, but it got better. At three months out, it was like they flipped a switch and I could do the whole 30 minutes, inclines and all, without stopping. The first time I thought I was just having a good day, but from then on it was the norm. Keep working at it. 

I was 73 at the time of surgery.